Using FSNavigator

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Using FSNavigator Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, October 02, 2009 3:19:57 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
My first posting - having just downloaded FSFlyingSchool and started using it.  Is there a way of using flight plans created with FSNav, or does it only link into the FS Flight Planner?  I have been using FSNav in preference to the built-in flight planner, and would like to continue doing so with FSFlyingSchool.

Thanks

Stan

Post #5175
Posted Friday, October 02, 2009 3:22:34 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

I should mention that I'm using FS9

Stan

Post #5176
Posted Saturday, October 03, 2009 12:55:33 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (10/2/2009)
My first posting - having just downloaded FSFlyingSchool and started using it. Is there a way of using flight plans created with FSNav, or does it only link into the FS Flight Planner? I have been using FSNav in preference to the built-in flight planner, and would like to continue doing so with FSFlyingSchool.

Thanks

Stan

Hi Stan.

I dont know FSNav, but IF its only a matter of where you want FSFS to point, then just press the flight plan folder, button in the flight plan tab, and change it to your FSNav dir. then it will look there all the time, but I dont know if it can use the FSNav flightplan files, you will have to try that out, Please report back with your result.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5179
Posted Sunday, October 04, 2009 3:42:40 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Stan:

I don't recall any problems with any 3rd party NAV or Flight planning software - you can always try out FSFS or FSFS2009 for free (free demo) and if that works then so will the full product.

In the end, flight plans for FS2004 or FSX have to obey certain rules of formatting and that is what FSFS and FSFS2009 expect. 

I would be very surprised if there were a problem. But - test it for free!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5188
Posted Sunday, October 04, 2009 5:21:15 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Haven't fired up FS since my posting but I'll let you know as soon as I find out what's happening.  Interestingly, if you file a flight plan in FS, it will be recognized by the Garmin GPS, and I'm wondering whether it works the other way around.  I'll let the forum know what I find.

Stan 

Post #5197
Posted Monday, October 05, 2009 12:45:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, October 24, 2021 5:23:00 AM
Stan

I asked this question a few weeks ago. having just returned from golfing in Spain I was inetersted to see someone else with the same request.

Having investigated a bit teh FS9 flight plans *.pln are simple text files and whilst FSNavigator flight plans, *.fsn are not. (you will see rubbish if you open them in a text editor.) Having said that even if you copy the *.fsn file to the directory where your *.pln files are and then within FSFS click on the flight plan button the resulting list box only contains*.pln files. I suppose you could change the file extension from fsn to pln but willing to bet FSFS will throw up at this point!

Cheers

Big Moose

Post #5199
Posted Tuesday, October 06, 2009 1:22:32 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

This is interesting as it presumably means that FSNav must be running to read plans it created as the .FSN plans are not compatible with FS?

I can say with certainty that FSFS will read plans that are compatible with FS (FS2004 or FSX), and will not read those which are not.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5203
Posted Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:07:20 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSNav runs as a part of FS after it has been loaded.  After exporting the FSNav file to the FS Flight Planner and then loading it into FSFS, it works very well, as I tried last night.  To make things more complicated however, I usually fly with the Reality GPS, so have to load a flightplan there as well.  I certainly have great backup if one of my navigation systems fail!

Stan 

Post #5206
Posted Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:19:20 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Well then that settles it - FSFS works with FSNav.

Post #5207
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:07pm