No elevator check comment

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

No elevator check comment Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 07, 2009 1:52:57 PM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:46:47 AM
I am running a Cessna 152, Whenever I do the pre-flight checklist, there are no acknowledgment for the elevator check. The rest is fine. Is that a bug?
Post #4924
Posted Tuesday, September 08, 2009 1:55:43 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
"Bug"...? "Bug"...???

We'll have no talk of "bugs" here!

Nah - just kidding Mario...!

But seriously - we find, from time to time, that certain simulated aircraft, made by certain manufacturers of simulated aircraft, do not behave as we might expect.

What is happening is that the reading FSFS is getting from the simulated aircraft in FS as to the position of the elevator is not sufficiently "up" or "down" to qualify as having been moved fully "up" and "down" by the pilot.

Note - This could also be caused by the controller in use. Perhaps that is not moving the elevator through its full range (this is entirely possible). So - what happens when you do the same operation but by holding down the UP and then DOWN keyboard arrows? (They will move it through its full range.)

Finally - who made the simulated aircraft?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #4927
Posted Tuesday, September 08, 2009 9:57:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:46:47 AM
Good morning Squadron Leader. Carenado makes the airplane. I will try the arrows. Thanks!
Post #4946
Posted Friday, September 11, 2009 2:09:06 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Hi Mario

If it helps - I thought I had the same problem.

What I found you needed to do to check the flaps through their full range of operation from Flaps up through, Flaps 1, Flaps 2, and then back up again to Flaps up and at that point Smithy is happy that the flaps have been well & truly checked

I hope that helps

Biggles

Post #4993
Posted Saturday, September 12, 2009 3:44:32 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Yes guys - elevator, flaps, rudder, ailerons - Smitty and his friends like to know that you've checked them all through their entire range.

This can be very useful even when simming as sometimes, due to controller configurations, a problem exists and it sure is nice to get it attended to before you spend all that time getting clearance, taxiiing, waiting for the 747s to take off etc and then you finally get your chance, only to find out that the elevator isn't working...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #4994
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:54pm