PAN PAN PAN this is Biggles Need help

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

PAN PAN PAN this is Biggles Need help Expand / Collapse
Author

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Hi all

Flew TBPB to TLPL. Set everything up as normal with own landing spot

Entered flight plan in fsx and fsfs, as normal and on landing am only getting a landing score with no mention of a flight score or any flight details. I reflew this leg twice with the same results. Thinking I was doing something wrong I set up in the normal way as I have been up to TVSV on a shorter leg TVSC to TVSM & everything was ok -both flight and landing scores. below is the info I get from fsfs for landing only.

Aircraft: SIAIMARCHETTI    ID: 70-21    Airline:     Flight:

Flight plan: TBPB TO TLPL    NAV1:

Failure(s): None at landing

Failure Event(s) (Zulu Time): None

Failure Bonus:0%   Flight Duration:00 Hours   39 Mins   06 Secs

Landing Score:77.81

Landing was successful in the following areas:

* Wings were level.

* Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 110 feet

* Glideslope held until flare.

* Good pitch control after touchdown.

* Good pitch at landing.

* With flaps - good job.

* Heading aligned with runway.

* Throttle(s) idle.

* Good steering after landing.

Landing included the following problems:

* Poor glideslope on visual approach - you can do better.

* Poor alignment with runway on visual approach - line up and stay there.

* Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

* Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.

* Ballooning during landing - needs practice.

Definite room for improvement...

I have rechecked the spot at TLPL and that seems ok (set in front of numbers)

10,105,N13_44_00,W60_57_88,3,HEWANORRA INTL.TLPL

In fsfs after loading flight plan it shows the following configuration for the above spot

RW10 105 013 73 33  -060 96 47  which is miles from the runway ?????

A case of your favourite tipple to the person who can solve this one ( I'm probably doing something really stupid----but what?

Biggles

Post #4326
Posted Friday, June 12, 2009 3:32:17 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
.Biggles.

Hm. that an odd one. Im at work so I cannot get to my cockpit right now, but I want to ask the following.

Can you post the landingscore to the web? What Im getting at is, did you actually finish the flight? When landing, but before the flight is finished, you get an verbal mentioning of the landing, but not the flight - and I just cannot remember if you can see the evaluation in writing too. If - then you dont have the "submit score to the web" line though, and thats why I asked.

If you dont have that line, then maybe you havent ended your flight. (have you changed the way the flight ends? please check that)

If not, then I have to get home and enter the info you have stated on my FSX. could you send me the runwayfile you made? oandreasen@gmail.com

edit.: this is my post nr. 737 (what a great number )

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4327
Posted Friday, June 12, 2009 4:35:17 AM

Hi Ole

No it doesn't give an option to post the score ( almost as if the a/c isn't recognised ??? ) and yes I got the verbal chat about the landing and you should also get an evaluation o both landing and flight in writing.

Don't think Ive changed the ending but I will check ( set at "stopped or taxying" )

Will send rw file to your email

I'll do some more checking this end as well

737 you say       now your really boasting

Biggles

Post #4328
Posted Friday, June 12, 2009 7:13:57 AM

Hi Ole

The problem I encountered was of my own making In my haste to see how I had scored I was ending the flight after touchdown by pressing "escape" BEFORE fsfs says "we are starting a new flight".    This must terminate the flight too early for Henrietta and she sulks and refuses  to give me a flight score.  

Moral of the story is don't be too impatient. Chill Bro

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused you

An embarrassed Biggles 

Post #4329
Posted Friday, June 12, 2009 7:49:51 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Bruce E (6/12/2009)
Hi Ole

The problem I encountered was of my own making In my haste to see how I had scored I was ending the flight after touchdown by pressing "escape" BEFORE fsfs says "we are starting a new flight". This must terminate the flight too early forHenrietta and she sulks and refuses to give me a flight score.

Moral of the story is don't be too impatient. Chill Bro

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused you

An embarrassed Biggles

No problem at all. Think of it this way. When someone else gets into the same situation, they can search this forum and find an easy answer, thus saving them time and trouble, so you actually did the FSFS community a favour.

See ya

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4330
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:27pm