support for fsx?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

support for fsx? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 21, 2006 1:53:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 12, 2012 2:39:56 AM
do you support fsx?

i would really like to use the program with fsx as it's now my main flight simulator.

Post #287
Posted Tuesday, November 21, 2006 2:01:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
FSFlyingSchool Beta 2 supports FS2004 and FS2002, but can be used, without our support, with FSX.

We've focused 99% of our testing on FS2004 and FS2002, as FSX version 1 (not Beta) was only very recently released. There's a chance you might find a few issues when flying with FSFlyingSchool in FSX; please let us know how you get on by posting in this forum.

Flight plans generated by FSX are not yet compatible with FSFlyingSchool (the files are in a different format to FS2004 and FS2002 files). However, flight plans generated in FS2004/2002 can be loaded into FSFlyingSchool while it is running with FSX.

Visual approaches and flights with waypoints can be flown by loading a FS2004/2002 flight
plan into FSFlyingSchool even though you are connected to FSX.

To configure FSX to work with FSFlyingSchool:
- FSUIPC v4 or above must not be used with FS2004/2002! You only need it for FSX!
- Obtain the latest version of FSUIPC v4, for example “FSUIPC 4.05”. It can be downloaded from: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
- Run the FSUIPC v4 install program.
- Run FSX. At some point you'll be asked if you wish to run/trust FSUIPC by Pete Dowson. Select "Yes".
- Run FSFlyingSchool Beta 2. "FSX" will be detected and FSFlyingSchool will start monitoring it.

If your PC is struggling to run FSX it will not be ideally suited to running FSFlyingSchool with it. We have witnessed a noticeable delay in the response from any other software, including FSFlyingSchool, when running on a PC which can barely run FSX. The solution of course is to upgrade your PC to run FSX smoothly.

We plan to fully support FSX very soon!

Post #288
Posted Tuesday, November 21, 2006 3:44:10 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:50:41 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I've got it up and running with FSX

I really like the selection of instructors. Will you be releasing more in the future?

A day without flying is a day wasted

Post #289
Posted Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:56:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:50:46 AM
Pretty nifty running with 3 versions of Flight Simulator.

I'm not using FSX much yet (need to upgrade like most of us). Maybe some new h/ware for Christmas?

FSX has really nice water effects and I even like the music!

FS School sounds like a good idea... a lot of us could use it.

Post #291
Posted Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:18:05 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

cool

i will try it with fsx tonight

Post #296
Posted Wednesday, November 22, 2006 5:28:08 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:50:46 AM
Got it running with FSX no problem if you follow the instructions that came with FS School.

I still prefer to run with 2004, cos my system is moanin' big time running FSX.

Looking forward to the finished version when we can fly anywhere.

I think my passengers would thank FS School for teaching me not to spill their drinks  and my airline is definitely (now) saving money on barf bags.

I really like being able to do quick landings, starting in the air and just landing the thing. This means I can try out a whole bunch of airplanes to see how good I really am with each one.

Post #303
Posted Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:16:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

fsx and fsfs work well together - no problems

guess what - just like everyone else says - I need more power for FSX!

Post #317
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:53am