So I can do ILS approaches and have them evaluated?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

So I can do ILS approaches and have them... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:51:16 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:50:46 AM
Does FS School work with big jets and GA too?

How do you get onto the high scores?

I read that you're in a mode when you are flying. Does this just mean you're taking off or landing, etc? Seems fair enough to me...

Post #290
Posted Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:53:39 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:51:09 AM
Yes, it certainly works with the heavies as well as GA. You might need to check if your particular jet is supported - if not you can create a file (see manual) to enable it to be recognised.

There are four modes, really: taxi, take-off, cruise, and landing. FSFS is pretty good at working out what you're doing, but if needed you can change forward or backward.

You can tend to get higher scores with the jets, but essentially the difficulty of the flight (weather conditions, etc) make the difference. It's a great program - you'll enjoy it.

Rich

Post #297
Posted Wednesday, November 22, 2006 5:19:37 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:50:46 AM
mooniclips (11/21/2006)
Yes, it certainly works with the heavies as well as GA. You might need to check if your particular jet is supported - if not you can create a file (see manual) to enable it to be recognised.

There are four modes, really: taxi, take-off, cruise, and landing. FSFS is pretty good at working out what you're doing, but if needed you can change forward or backward.

You can tend to get higher scores with the jets, but essentially the difficulty of the flight (weather conditions, etc) make the difference. It's a great program - you'll enjoy it.

Rich

Rich, thanks for your help.

Got it up and running nicely. I really like the feedback from the instructors. It's very good at immersing me deeper into the simulation and on more than one occasion I wondered "how the heck did he know that?!"

Taxiing properly in the wind is very demanding.

I've got the hang of the FSmodes where the program detects what you are doing, but you can press the Control Shift Keys to tell it what you intend.

I found that I only disagree with it if I've been doing sloppy flying , such as not watching my altitude and flying a very slow descent when I really meant to be maintaining a cruise altitude.

No more taxiing around like a racecar and no more landing without thinking about where I'm gonna land first.

My flying is already better and lots of fun with a guy or a lady beside me in the cockpit.

Now I just need to get some good scores and fly some circuits.

The manual is very nicely done - very thorough.

What sort of setting do you use for failures?

Post #302
Posted Wednesday, November 22, 2006 10:05:20 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:51:09 AM
Scarily, I hadn't thought too much about failures; keeping going in a 737 is hard enough (with Mr Smith breathing down your neck) without the other complications. However, I checked and have failures currently set at 50%, with loose wire failures ticked. I think that is the default, and may have been changed with the download of the beta 2 (John, Jeff can confirm, no doubt). I think it depends on your experience, anyway, Ice - I'd start with no failures until you are comfortable with your a/c and FSFS.

Don't worry about how good your scores are just yet (you'll see some pretty dismal landing scores for me) but post them to the table to help the guys develop this superb program further.

Enjoy your flying - your instructor will keep you honest!

Rich

Post #306
Posted Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:08:35 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 12, 2012 2:39:56 AM
i've had just about everything fail!

fuel, gear, flaps, instruments, electrical system, pitot-static...

the fuel actually leaked out

if you turn that slider up to 'very unreliable' regions (low numbers) then things are going to get pretty nasty!

what a wild ride! love it.

Post #314
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:02pm