WWT - Oles African flights [Concluded]

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

WWT - Oles African flights [Concluded] Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, November 09, 2008 1:02:20 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Leg 19A:

HKJK (Nairobi - Kenya) to HUEN (Entebbe - Uganda)

Landing Score:49,00

Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Flight Score:116,61

Flight included the following problems:

• Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2718
Posted Sunday, November 09, 2008 1:08:11 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Leg 19B:

HUEN (Entebbe - Uganda) to HAAB (Addis Ababa - Ethiopia)

Landing Score:89,19

• Ballooning during landing - needs practice

Flight Score:110,56

• Poor elevator control during taxi in wind - danger of flipping.
  • Poor aileron control during taxi in wind - danger of flipping.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2719
Posted Sunday, November 09, 2008 1:13:43 PM

Leg 19C:

HAAB (Addis Ababa - Ethiopia) to HSSS (Khartoum - Sudan)

Landing Score:91,19

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:114,77

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.
  • Nose held too high - spilt drinks and worried expressions.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2720
Posted Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:16:32 PM

Official ZeroviZ Airlines Announcement!

Ladies and Gentlemen. Here at ZeroviZ Airlines we have a surprise for you. A short while ago, out of the blue, I heard my fax machine tick away, and curious as I am I went to see what was coming in. Moments later I sat stunned and tried to comprehend what I just read. The fax was this one:

fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax

Robert Ichman

Mangrovian Airlines / Mangrovian Oil-exploration / Mangrovian Moonwalk Foundation

Dear Mr. Andreasen

I have been following the progress of the FSFlyingSchool World Wide Tour for some time now. It has been interesting, and I have noticed that you are flying solely in a Learjet 45, and that your competitor has a variety of planes to choose from. I have contacted your staff to find out why, and have learned that you said from the beginning that it would only be one plane, and it was because you do not have a pilot to fly the empty plane to the nest destination where it is needed.

But I saw the other day that your competitor JoeMini added a Boeing 747 to his fleet, and I thought that now was the time to come forward with a proposal for you, so even things out a little.

I have a pending order for a series of Boeing 737´s  from the company Wilco publishers, and I would like to hand over one of those to you for the remainder of the FSFS- WWT. They will be delivered at December 1., but in the meantime I have some older 737´s in the area you are flying now. I would like to offer you to try out one - or more of those, to get accustomed with the bigger and heavier plane, than your LearJet.

And I will also be able to lend you one of my pilots, Mr. Jeff Piston, to work with you until April 1. 2009, with the sole purpose to fly the plane you are not currently flying, to the next destination.

All this will be of no cost to you, and I want nothing in return. It’s an offer that you can accept at any time. Just let me know via my fax number which is xxx-xxxx (deleted by Ole Andreasen)

Kind regards

Robert Ichman
Mangrovian Airlines/
Mangrovian Oil-exploration/
Mangrovian Moonwalk Foundation

fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax fax

I spent a few days to think over this incredible offer, but was reluctant, because it would be betraying my principals. On the other hand, I have some long flights coming up, over Asia, and in Australia, so a bigger plane would be a good thing, and just to see something else than the Learjet, would be nice for a change. I therefore decided that I would try it out, and therefore I now have the pleasure to introduce to you, a temporary add-on to the Zeroviz fleet, a Boeing 737-800. Later, if the test flights are successful, the plane will be exchanged with a brand new Wilco Boeing 737-300, -400 or -500.

And also a warm welcome to the newest member of this little ZeroviZ family, directly from Mangrovian Airlines, our emtpy-plane-pilot´ Mr. Jeff Piston, a highly skilled pilot.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

A very big thank you to Mr. R.Ichman for his kindness, and off we go, to test the 737.

Thank you for your attention.

Ole Andreasen
Zeroviz Airlines

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2725
Posted Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:43:09 PM

Leg 20:

HSSS (Khartoun - Sudan) to (HECA Cairo - Egypt)

Transitioning to the Boeing 737 is not as easy as I might have thought. Everything is in a different place. the feel of the plane is completly different, and flying it, is also very different from the Learjet, but then again there is such a thing as beginners luck, and I relyed on that, and took the 737 directly into the WWT instead of testing it first. The results are as follow:

A beautiful morning in Sudan - a promise of a good start for my 737 career.                                             Is that left or right, Smith?

So far so good. Everything seems to go smooth and by the numbers.                                                   Please continue to read the manual loud Smith.

OK we are soon there. lets go through the pre-landing checklist                                             Oh shamrock - that is in my handbad - in the Lear. We just have to do it by hand Smith.

Great! I pulled the wrong switch. Flicked on the autopilot and in the panic, didn´t get if off again in time. That cost me a 33% reduction. Result is the first flightscore below 100 in a very very long time. But if you add those 50% to the below scores, then it is one heck of a good flight, so I smile regardless.

Smith, what do we get from that?

Landing          81,6 Autopilot used                                  

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Flight              98,9 Autopilot

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2726
Posted Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:53:37 PM

OK folks. This ends the African flights. The journey will continue in my flights in the Middle East, Asia and Australia Please click HERE to go there.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2727
Posted Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:06:09 PM

Bad post - I apologize!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2728
Posted Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:02:19 AM

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Hey Ole,

You don't want those spoilers on until you land on the ground.  Shift - / will arm them and they will come on automatically on touchdown.

Just trying to help...

JoeMini - Fellow WWT Tour Pilot

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #2742
Posted Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:16:48 PM

Yeah Joe. Of course you are right. I have been struggeling to adapt to the 737. Takes some getting used to. I used the handle in the throttle panel, and that pulled the spoilers out much quicker than I thought. Only takes one little notch to arm them. I will get better - I promise!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2743
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:47am