New user question - airplane moves to desired location but FMC not

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

New user question - airplane moves to desired... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, January 07, 2023 7:15:42 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 09, 2023 2:17:12 AM
Hello, it is my first using of FS Instant Approach and I've got problem.
So I'll precisely describe what I've set:
- Aircraft is Zibo in X-Plane 11 (latest version)
- I've set it on EPWA/15 as for takeoff and load flightplan to EPGD with STAR.
- Then I've teleported aircraft on final 25nm from runway

Approach map in attachment - the plane shows few miles before GD904 point and it is right. But Zibo FMC shows that a/c is 13nm from GD931, so I can't turn on LNAV (NOT ON INTERCEPT HEADING).
Can you help me to fix it?

I'll add attachment if somebody will tell me how to do it, it doesn't work at all.

Maybe plain text? https://ibb.co/GHYyznk , https://ibb.co/26nd10W
Post #14780
Posted Sunday, January 08, 2023 6:46:37 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi M3a2r1:

As near as I can tell from the images (thanks for the images as they help a lot) the aircraft is indeed where you told it to be and it is also about 13 nm from GD931 as you have mentioned.

So we can see that FS Instant Approach is working.

FS Instant Approach puts the plane where you ask for it to be placed and after that you are in charge and can fly wherever you like.

I hope this helps explain what FS Instant Approach does.

Perhaps you have information on the operation of the FMC from its publisher? I am sure that would be the best place to find helpful information on it.

Have a great week of flights!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14781
Posted Sunday, January 08, 2023 8:07:19 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

So you want to tell me that it works perfect?
Great, I'm on position which I choose but I could do that with any teleport free plugin - I bought Instant Approach to more sophisticated using - I would like to get approach with flight plan. If that program can't do that, I'm very disappointed with it so I won't buy anything from FSInventions in the future.
Post #14782
Posted Sunday, January 08, 2023 8:31:52 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

QUICK START from program:
* Create or load a flight in X-Plane 11, then get into your aircraft and start the engines - get it ready for an approach and landing

So what's the point for flightplan if IA can't take a step forward in it and still shows navigation point from departure airport??
Post #14783
Posted Monday, January 09, 2023 1:37:01 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

As you can imagine, we publish products which do what we say they do in our advertising and in the manual.

You have explained that you want FS Instant Approach to do other things.

We publish free demos of all our products - which have no time limit - and all include all of the product's manuals.

I will contact you by email to describe your options.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14784
Posted Monday, January 09, 2023 2:05:14 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hopeless explanation - I've asked what is flightplan for, if program can't take steps in it.
So your response is email that my license is void because you gave me 50% discount for IA 2023 and you say I didn't buy anything before.
I have to say that you're totally wrong - I've bought FS Flying School, then Instant Approach 2022 and then I've asked you for discount for 2023 version.

So Jeff, you're a revengeful liar who hates criticism of his product - that's all.
It's totally unacceptable behavior so now I'm sure - I will not buy anything from you ever.
Bye.
Post #14785
Posted Monday, January 09, 2023 3:04:20 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

To all readers:

The poster has said "Bye" and so I conclude does not wish to continue this correspondence. I continue it here so other readers can read my reply to the poster's last post.

M3a2r1, as near as I can determine, wants FS Instant Approach to interact with the flight plan in the specific FMC if a specific aircraft. It does not do this and makes no claim to do this.

This is the core issue.

I offered M3a2r1 a refund which would void the license.

I did indeed make a mistake whilst finding all the details of this case, and apologised within minutes, in writing to M3a2r1 that I had said that he had not bought FS Instant Approach from us - he had. He asked for a discount when this was not on offer and I gave him one - that was the unusual aspect of the case which I had misremembered.

No "revenge" has taken place.

If, every time someone makes a factual mistake, in the 1000s of communications they write every month, that makes them "a liar"...

Post #14786
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:40am