Error 380

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Error 380 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:04:21 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:34:22 PM
I am running FSX w/ SP2 on Windows 7 64-bit with 8 GB RAM.

I have FSFS 2010 and FSUPIC v4.3.

Everything was working fine for numerous flights until the first time I tried to load a flight plan.  That flight started ok, but when I advanced to take-off, FSFS generated a stack-overflow error and shutdown.  At each restart, it generated the same error and shutdown as soon as I advanced to take-off until it finally refused to run and immediately generated a stack-overflow error.

After doing that several times, it finally refused to run at all.  Now, I get "Error: 380 Invalid property value, Location: Load" immediately upon trying to run FSFS.

I've uninstalled FSFS and reinstalled to no avail.

Any help?

Post #6931
Posted Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:36:16 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:34:22 PM
Update:

Running FSFS 2010 in Windows XP SP3 Compatability Mode corrects the issue and allows the program to run.

Post #6932
Posted Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:14:01 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
SB95:

Good to hear you are up and flying with us again and thank you so much for sharing the solution with the FSFS community.

This is a very interesting case as folks all over the world are using FSFS fine with Win 7, Vista and XP without issue and it's strange that any program would gradually cease to function.

But the main thing is that you've solved the case and shared the information with everyone - which may indeed be of help to others in the future.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6934
Posted Thursday, December 01, 2022 9:15:37 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Saturday, December 03, 2022 9:18:13 PM
Hello,
I am running FSFlyingSchool 2022 for X-Plane 11 and 12 on:
-Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 64-bit
-64 GB RAM
-AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
-3 UHD projector screen with 11520x2160 resolution

I have PLUS Voice Command Pack PRO and PLUS FS Instant Approach 2022.

Everything was working fine for a week until the yesterday. X-Plane 12 starts and works well as usual. But at each restart FSFS started to ask to Locate X-Plane Installation. When I locate it and click "Select Folder" it generates the same error:
Error: 380 - Invalid property value

Running FSFS in Windows XP and in any other Compatability Mode does not correct the issue.

Any help?

Post Attachments 
1.jpg (1 view, 45.61 KB)
2.png (1 view, 20.64 KB)
3.png (1 view, 35.80 KB)
Post #14751
Posted Friday, December 02, 2022 2:09:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Alex:

This is a puzzle - something somewhere has changed and we may have to hunt for it, but first we may be able to solve the issue with a simple test.

FSFlyingSchool does not know where XP is on your PC and so asks for it each time it runs, but as an error occurs when you try to save its location in FSFlyingSchool, the location you have specified is never saved and so the process will repeat itself.

You have not said so, but if you moved, deleted, renamed or reinstalled X-Plane or FSFlyingSchool, please give me full details.

>> Running FSFS in Windows XP and in any other Compatability Mode does not correct the issue.

Please do not change any compatibility mode - but please try this exactly as described below first before continuing...
Run FSFlyingSchool 'as an administrator'.
You should do this even if you are the only person who uses the PC and even if you are an administrator.
To do this, right click on the FSFlyingSchool icon, shortcut or menu item you use to launch FSFlyingSchool, select
'Properties' from the menu, select the 'Compatibility' tab, and turn ON 'Run this program as an administrator'.

If that does not solve it - here is our potential solution...

1. Firstly - quit FSFlyingSchool if it is running.

2. Inside the FSFlyingSchool folder on your PC there is a file called

settings.ini

and in it there is a line which tells FSFlyingSchool where X-Plane is on your PC. Please open that file using NOTEPAD.

3. Please tell me what the line says (please copy and paste the contents of the whole file into your reply to this post)

4. Change it to say

X-Plane=D:\X-Plane 12\

(so that it shows where XP is on your PC).

5. Save the file and then launch FSFlyingSchool again and let me know what occurs and how you get on.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14752
Posted Friday, December 02, 2022 7:05:09 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your fast response!
So now I do not change any compatibility mode. I run FSFlyingSchool 'as an administrator'.

settings.ini:
[FS Folders]
X-Plane=D:\X-Plane 12\
FlightPlan=

[Pilot]
PilotFile=C:\FSFlyingSchool 2022 for X-Plane 11 and 12\PilotRoster\\LightSpeed.plt

[Misc]
TransitionAltitude=18000
EndFlight=0
SpokenTips=0
AviationTips=1
InstantHelp=0
WeatherTips=0
APTips=0
TaxiwayTips=0

[Voice]
Mode=2

Line X-Plane=D:\X-Plane 12\ already was like this. So when I launch FSFlyingSchool the Error 380 still occurs and then FSFS shutdowns.
What can I do else?
Post #14753
Posted Saturday, December 03, 2022 3:09:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Alex:

I think we are almost there.

I can see from your settings that Voice Command is turned ON.

This is likely to be the problem - it is ON and something about the audio equipment has changed since it was working - and that change causes the error (which can be as simple as, for example, plugging back in a USB headset which was previously plugged in).

You should be able to go back to a state where FSFlyingSchool works - so we can test - by changing the settings.ini file to say

[Voice]
Mode=0

which turns off voice command - then save settings.ini and then start up FSFlyingSchool again.

The error is related to a change in audio equipment or in the way it is configured in FSFlyingSchool.

This may be because Voice Command was turned on but was previousy off.

From your reported data the cause is likely related to the selection of sound card at the settings screen of FSFlyingSchool.

FSFlyingSchool will almost certainly work with only ONE of the cards listed.

The problem is often caused by the pilot having told FSFlyingSchool to listen to Voice Commands, but the correct sound card on the PC has not been selected at the FSFlyingSchool settings screen.

Please try different cards at the FSFlyingSchool settings screen and SAVE it each time.

Do you have any add-on sound equipment such as USB headphones?

We find in the few cases where this error has been noted that it can be solved by either returning the configuration of audio equipment and software on your PC to a previous state (which can be as simple as, for example, plugging back in a USB headset which was previously plugged in) or if no audio equipment or software has changed please try FSFlyingSchool but change the settings for the sound card at the settings screen in FSFlyingSchool if you have more than one sound card listed - it will almost certainly work with only ONE of the cards listed.

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any questions.

Post #14754
Posted Saturday, December 03, 2022 7:53:13 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi Jeff:

You are completely right! I plugged off USB headset several days ago and forgot about it. So without that USB headset FSFS does not want to launch. After I plugged it back everything works again!
The main conclusion: do not change audio equipment.

Thank you very much!
Post #14757
Posted Sunday, December 04, 2022 7:03:14 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Alex:

Glad to hear you are up and flying - have a great weekend of flights!

Post #14758
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:24am