FSFlyingSchool not logging

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFlyingSchool not logging Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, October 05, 2022 8:07:11 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 10:23:09 AM
After my first two flights FSFS has not added any more flights to either my traditional logbook or my detailed logbook. I am getting evaluations though. It also correctly shows me the Flight Maps.

How can I fix this?
Post #14726
Posted Thursday, October 06, 2022 6:14:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi TM:

I understand what you've reported - it is almost certainly due to FSFlyingSchool not considering the flights to have 'ended'.

In almost every case, this is because the pilot has changed the settings at the Flight Plan screen of FSFlyingSchool so that the flight no longer ends when the pilot slows to taxiing speed or stops.

When the flight ends, the instructor says "OK- we're starting a new flight!" If you do not hear this - the flight has not ended and you will get no entry in either of the log books.

To save time in resolving this for you - what setting have you used at the Flight Plan screen to indicate when the flight ends?

Finally - change the setting to end the flight when "stopped or taxiing" and fly a couple of short flights (at least 30 seconds) and let me know what occurs (you should see entries in the log book).

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14727
Posted Thursday, October 06, 2022 8:52:31 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi.

In the flight parameters I have End Flight When: "Stopped when brake set and eng off". When I do stop, I taxi off the runway, then set brake and shut off magnetos, and main power. I get no particular response from FSFS. I then disconnect from X-Plane in FSFS.

Best Regards,
Tom
Post #14728
Posted Friday, October 07, 2022 3:12:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Tom:

Thanks for the data - it sounds like we have found the reason that the logs are not being recorded - the flights have not ended as far as FSFlyingSchool is concerned.

There are a great number of reasons that this could be the case including USB controllers not indicating to XP that the engine is off, specific planes doing likewise - and many other possibilities.

FSFlyingSchool also expects the mixture to be cut off in the configuration you are using.

You can of course test these different things and examine the results. If you want the flights to end without worrying about the above you can simply change the setting as I mentioned.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14729
Posted Friday, October 07, 2022 10:59:07 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi.

It isn't detecting the "engine off". Once I switch the end of flight to be stopped and brake set, it logs the flight properly. You mentioned the mix being part of the engine detection. I definitley had missed that previously, but I tried once checking the mix was in, but that didn't do it.

Thanks for your help.

Tom
Post #14730
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:41pm