MSFS: No engine sound when starting the approach

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

MSFS: No engine sound when starting the... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, August 26, 2022 3:37:09 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 22, 2022 2:44:55 PM
Every time I start an approach there is no engine sound. The engine is running and the plane is moving forward, but it doesn't sound. I have move the throttle to low and then the engine start to sound again, but if I move the throttle to high, the engine sound is muted again.

It doesn't matter what aircraft I'm using.

Willy.
Post #14696
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2022 5:59:40 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Willy:

Thanks for letting us know.

1. Are all other aspects of the approach normal?

2. Are you taking care not to use the PAUSE key on your keyboard - as that has nothing to do with FS Instant Approach.

3. Does the approach start paused and then continues when you release the pause using a keystroke or button you have defined as explained in the FS Instant Approach manual?

4. Do you have any unusual sound settings or equipment?

5. Which plane were you using?

6. Does the issue occur with other planes? Which are they?

Please let me know.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14697
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2022 7:00:46 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Thursday, September 22, 2022 2:44:55 PM
I am planning to fly today, and will try to answer all of the questions. So far it happened while I was flying with my xbox controller (I wasn't using all my hardware). And I was pressing the ESC key. If that is not the key, then I think I need to find "Set Pause OFF" and assign a button to it.

I will report later.

Willy.
Post #14698
Posted Sunday, September 04, 2022 11:25:07 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Saturday, December 17, 2022 9:11:42 AM
I experienced the same issue as the OP.

I have mapped P as the Pause/unpause button as the default ESC did not unpause the flight.

I tried two landings, one into EGLL and one to EGKK - both with PMDG 737-600.

There was no sound in the cockpit (internal view) until I selected the external view and then clicked back to internal view.

On the second landing, when I went to the external view, I had the engine sound of a plane with a rotor rather than the 737. When I when back to internal view, all was good again...
Post #14699
Posted Sunday, September 04, 2022 11:51:41 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

I tried it with the default A320neo and that worked ok with sound

I have also experienced both aircraft virtually nosedive as soon as the game unpauses.
Post #14700
Posted Monday, September 05, 2022 6:47:01 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi again chickster25:

I am sorry to read you have experienced this.

This issue has been reported by just 2 users and so we know that
1) It is occurring!
2) It is extremely uncommon.

From the data so far reported - all of which is here in this topic - is suggests that the issue is perhaps with specific aircraft - and I can imagine it may be with specific add-on aircraft which may be using methods to produce sound which are not what MSFS usually uses.

Can you try it with a few other aircraft which are included with MSFS and let me know what results you get? From the reports received, it sounds like it would only be necessary to start the approach and listen to what happens, rather than fly the whole approach to a conclusion.

Please let me know.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14703
Posted Tuesday, September 06, 2022 4:08:49 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi
I have not been able to recreate the sound issue so I wonder if it is related to the first time i installed the addon. Perhaps after a reboot it has linked up correctly.

I have found some other unusual behaviour

1. I have struggled to unpause the sim on the first time i load an approach. I have set P as per the instructions but it does not unpause. If you reset the approach via the app a second time and let it reload then the p button works

2. A couple of times I have found that the scenery does not load correctly, it looks washed out or has strange cliffs. Again , if I reload the approach, the second time seems to correct the issue. I have tried this with EGLL, EGKK and EGMC
Post #14704
Posted Friday, September 09, 2022 3:14:47 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi C25:

>> 1. I have struggled to unpause the sim on the first time i load an approach. I have set P as per the instructions but it does not unpause. If you reset the approach via the app a second time and let it reload then the p button works

This is very puzzling - it is certainly due to unique configuration of the PC as it is not something happening to other users. Just for testing - can you try defining a different key for unpausing?

>> 2. A couple of times I have found that the scenery does not load correctly, it looks washed out or has strange cliffs. Again , if I reload the approach, the second time seems to correct the issue. I have tried this with EGLL, EGKK and EGMC

This is also something not happening to other users. Is the scenery "add-on" scenery perhaps?

Finally - if you wish to discuss options regarding your purchase of FS Instant Approach - please contact me at...

JeffPreston@FSFlyingSchool.com

Post #14706
Posted Thursday, September 15, 2022 3:32:09 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi,

So I have done some testing but cannot narrow it down to a particular event or set of selections. I have been trying with FS Approach still connected and choosing another airport, connecting when paused/at menu and also when in an exterior view or drone mode.

I have had a couple of freezes and crashes with the only common factor when using inibuilds EGLL or Gatwick EGKK

I am not saying this addon is the cause, it could be that due to the size of these airports, they could be causing a delay in loading compared to other airports. It also seems worse, if you continue to fly different approaches, perhaps MSFS is holding things in memory which is diminishing the more approaches are loaded consecutively.

I will revert back if i find a combination that causes a consistent problem.
Post #14711
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:19pm