No flight simulator found

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

No flight simulator found Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, June 05, 2022 2:31:35 AM
I have searched this forum for an answer to this problem.

I followed the install directions to the letter.
I made sure that the FSUIPC program was installed and running at sim start up. And I know it starts because I see the logo flash on the screen during MSFS 2020 start up. (Even though this is true, I think it actually was not running until I switched it to run as administrator. I learned from their website that when it is running you can see their icon in the taskbar, bottom right.)
I made sure that the background software and FSFLYINGSCHOOL both have permission through the firewall.
I shut off the 2 mods I had running in sim.

I start a flight, am sitting in the cockpit and know the screen is active because I move the throttle etc. The flying school starts but it will not recognize the sim and connect button is greyed out.
What am I missing?

[EDIT BY Jeff Preston - Publisher - Many thanks to dlw610 for this updated post - please note that whereas in this case dlw610 needed to run FSFlyingSchool 2022 and also FSUIPC7 "as an administrator" on the PC in question this is not generally required. It will not hurt to do it, but it should only be tried if the product will not function normally. This is why it is not listed as an instruction in the manual.
All PCs are configured differently and dlw610's PC evidently required this step.]

PROBLEM SOLVED: I switched the FSUIPC software to "run as administrator". This should probably be mentioned somewhere in the installation process. Just a suggestion.

Any one experiencing the same problem, make sure that the FSFLYINGSCHOOL program itself is also set to "run as administrator". Also should be mentioned during install.

I reactivated my mods, Reshade graphics profile and AMD system monitoring for CPU, GPU temps and FPS, all seems to be working fine now.

Hope this helps someone else.
Post #14623
Posted Sunday, June 05, 2022 2:42:07 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi dlw610:

I have replied to your email on this subject to avoid duplication - please see details there - we will soon have you up and flying with us.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14625
Posted Monday, June 06, 2022 2:59:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi - excellent result!

I have replied again by email to your latest email.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14629
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:20am