Landing Credit

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Landing Credit Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 21, 2021 9:20:00 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 13, 2022 9:45:56 AM
Is there a way to get Credit for a landing in the flight log each time we complete a successful approach?
Post #14480
Posted Friday, October 22, 2021 7:39:25 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi SB:

The full log book certainly records points scored for a successful landing and for making a good approach.

The can also be examined using the Career Analyzer - and will form part of the Pilot Briefing if they need the pilot's attention.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14481
Posted Friday, October 22, 2021 9:16:46 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for that quick reply. Although ive had the software a while ive just now had a chance to give it a try so i might be doing something wrong. Also, not a very good pilot - just putting that out there I completed a few approaches and once i parked i got a log window popup that shows no landing. Then i also check the MY LOGBOOK and there are a few entries that dont show the landings also. see screenshots.

Flight Log
https://publicfs2020.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/PASI_FligthLog.JPG

Full Logbook
https://publicfs2020.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/logBook.JPG

and here is a video of the completed landing in case you need to verify the completion.
[url=https://publicfs2020.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/Microsoft+Flight+Simulator+2021.10.22+-+10.13.23.03.mp4][/url]

Additionally, something i am also seeing and ive done a few scenario tests. If i am Using FS INstant Approach and i complete a landing and then click the REturn to Main Menu box, i get a sim CTD. If im not using It, all works as expected, even if i have FSUIPC running so it seems Instant Approach is causing it. I havent tried disconnecting or exiting Instant approach first but i may try that next.

Thanks.

Edit Note: for some reasont he urls didnt display right so i removed them from the tags
Post #14482
Posted Saturday, October 23, 2021 9:47:33 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

I apologise - I misunderstood and gave you information for FSFlyingSchool.

The logs in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 are entirely self contained - they are managed by the simulator and FS Instant Approach has nothing to do with them. Its function is to set up approaches.

The CTD is a real puzzle - this is the first such report we have received. Yes - it would be a good idea to quit FS Instant Approach before returning to the menu in MSFS.

Have a great weekend of flights!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14483
Posted Saturday, October 23, 2021 11:17:22 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps they dont give you credit if there was no actual takeoff? I will research further.

As for the CTD i have some more details.

2 scenarios for Returning to Main Menu.

1. If i park the aircraft anywhere, then use my controls (Honeycomb) to turn off the ignition, master, and avionics switches, the flight log appears with an option to MAIN MENU. If i press that button, i get a CTD.

2. If i dont turn off controls and just use ESC key for options and then Press MAIN MENU, i get to main menu without a problem

I've also tried this with Exiting out of Instant Approach in advance but i still get the CTD. If i use the sim without using Instant approach, i dont have the CTD at all. Perhaps you can try to recreate this scenario?

Note: I also Uninstalled the Honeycomb app before these tests to ensure no other interference.

thanks.

Post #14484
Posted Monday, October 25, 2021 9:21:07 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi SB:

Please see private forum message.

Post #14487
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:48am