FSFS for MSFS2020 Questions

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFS for MSFS2020 Questions Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, January 19, 2021 9:10:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 26, 2021 8:38:54 AM
I just started using FSFS recently, and I'm glad that you have created an MSFS2020 version. I have a few questions or problems, however, that I'd like to discuss.

First, a question about aircraft: I see that you have support for most (if not all) the default aircraft. Is it possible to add new aircraft data as in other versions of FSFS? I don't see a user data option on the Aircraft panel.

Second, I seem to have a problem with volume control in the program. Changing the "Instructor Volume" value on the Aircraft panel behaves strangely. At first, it seemed that changing the value did not change the volume much other than adding varying amounts of static. "Normal" had the least static, and "Loudest" the most static as if it were way over modulated. Even "Quietest" had more static than "Normal" and didn't seem any less in volume.

Since then, I found that if I increase the system volume and decrease the FSFS application volume all the way down to 1, I can get quieter values with "Quietest" and "Quiet" (but still with some static). The two above "Normal" settings, though, still seem to be overmodulated.

Here is a video where I try to illustrate the volume problem I'm having. https://www.screencast.com/t/TIv3NhQLy

Third, FSFS seems to be announcing two-digit numbers randomly while I am flying, like "fifty" or "twenty-five." This seems to occur when I am physically interacting with the flight simulator, but not in a pattern that I can identify. The numbers are definitely in the voice of the "instructors," but not called out as you might expect from a pilot or ATC (as in "two, fife"). Any idea what might be causing that?

That's enough for a start. I think I'll have more questions as I go along, but these are piquing my interest now. I'll look forward to your reply.

Gil Yoder
Visit Yoder's Youtube Channel

Post #14279
Posted Wednesday, January 20, 2021 4:20:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi gilyoder:

Thanks for your email and your interest in our products.

Glad to help!

>> I just started using FSFS recently, and I'm glad that you have created an MSFS2020 version. I have a few questions or problems, however, that I'd like to discuss.

Excellent!

>> First, a question about aircraft: I see that you have support for most (if not all) the default aircraft. Is it possible to add new aircraft data as in other versions of FSFS? I don't see a user data option on the Aircraft panel.

FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has no mechanism for, and does not support, the user adding new aircraft but this is something we plan to bring to it. A free update to the product will be coming soon which will add a number of things including support for more aircraft.

>> Second, I seem to have a problem with volume control in the program. Changing the "Instructor Volume" value on the Aircraft panel behaves strangely. At first, it seemed that changing the value did not change the volume much other than adding varying amounts of static. "Normal" had the least static, and "Loudest" the most static as if it were way over modulated. Even "Quietest" had more static than "Normal" and didn't seem any less in volume.
Since then, I found that if I increase the system volume and decrease the FSFS application volume all the way down to 1, I can get quieter values with "Quietest" and "Quiet" (but still with some static). The two above "Normal" settings, though, still seem to be overmodulated.
Here is a video where I try to illustrate the volume problem I'm having. https://www.screencast.com/t/TIv3NhQLy

Thanks for the report - it is very methodical - this is exactly what we need to troubleshoot cases.

I see what you mean with the sounds produced - I just need to know, specifically, what problem you are experiencing when using FSFlyingSchool with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? Starting from the default settings - what is the problem when using FSFlyingSchool with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with the volume set at "normal" in FSFlyingSchool?

>> Third, FSFS seems to be announcing two-digit numbers randomly while I am flying, like "fifty" or "twenty-five." This seems to occur when I am physically interacting with the flight simulator, but not in a pattern that I can identify. The numbers are definitely in the voice of the "instructors," but not called out as you might expect from a pilot or ATC (as in "two, fife"). Any idea what might be causing that?

That sounds like something that would be produced if the instructor is not Mr Smith when it needs to be Mr Smith. The advanced features of FSFlyingSchool require Mr Smith. I noted that in the movie Mr Smith's voice was not selected, so if you want to use the advanced features like AP Tutor etc please use Mr Smith.

>> That's enough for a start. BigGrin I think I'll have more questions as I go along, but these are piquing my interest now. I'll look forward to your reply.

I hope my replies have helped - please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14280
Posted Wednesday, January 20, 2021 11:06:16 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 26, 2021 8:38:54 AM
FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has no mechanism for, and does not support, the user adding new aircraft but this is something we plan to bring to it. A free update to the product will be coming soon which will add a number of things including support for more aircraft.

Okay! Good to hear.

I just need to know, specifically, what problem you are experiencing when using FSFlyingSchool with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? Starting from the default settings - what is the problem when using FSFlyingSchool with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with the volume set at "normal" in FSFlyingSchool?

After working with the volume now I don't really have a problem with the normal setting. It was too loud in my headset, and I first sought to remedy that by making a change within FSFS. However, I was able to resolve that problem with system settings.

That sounds like something that would be produced if the instructor is not Mr Smith when it needs to be Mr Smith. The advanced features of FSFlyingSchool require Mr Smith. I noted that in the movie Mr Smith's voice was not selected, so if you want to use the advanced features like AP Tutor etc please use Mr Smith.

Thanks for the explanation. I was using a different instructor when I heard those random numbers.

I hope my replies have helped - please let me know how you get on.

Very much. Thanks!

Gil

Gil Yoder
Visit Yoder's Youtube Channel

Post #14281
Posted Thursday, January 21, 2021 6:13:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Have a great weekend of flights!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14284
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:58am