FSFS2020 with MSFS2020

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFS2020 with MSFS2020 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, November 01, 2020 2:14:35 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 2:21:53 AM
Hi there,

So :
1. Launching MSFS
2. Select a flight (Cessna C172 Classic, LFQT, Rw 21, Realtime weather)
3. Launching FSUIPC (7.0.0 BETA)
4. Launching FSFS
5. I can hear Mr Smith again : Hello my friend So connection with MSFS is OK
6. Mr. Smith asks to check ... It works fine, excepted for rudder (sometimes it's ok)
7. Changing Flight mode : ok
8. Trying to enter Circuit Mode doesn't work at all. My scores (Flight and landing) my be not good enough ? Shouldn't i have a message like "Hey, Oliver, you're not good enough to enter circuit mode" ? or ... "Come back when you'll be a real pilot ?"
9. Is there a way to have text in MSFS windows (as it was in P3D) ? Despite the really good voice and it's sound quality, i'm not fluent, and my hears are not working at 100% ... So it might be sometimes difficult for me ...

Have a great day and take care !
Post #14175
Posted Sunday, November 01, 2020 2:55:36 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

okay , so :

CTRL+SHIFT+X, CTRL+SHIFT+Z, CTRL+SHIFT+D and CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE are not working.

If they do, i should hear something like "Okay, you've finished taxiing ...". i don't.

I've tried with Keyboard in MSFS, With buttons in FSUIPC, and with buttons in Spadnext.

Regards,
oliver
Post #14176
Posted Sunday, November 01, 2020 4:44:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi again Oliver:

Glad to help!

Great to hear you have FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 running.

My best advice as always is that if you want to maximise your fun and minimize your wasted time - have a good look at the manual.

There is a lot in there and it is pretty essential reading in order to get the most out of FSFlyingSchool.

As FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has been built for a new simulator it has a several differences compared to other versions.

>> 8. Trying to enter Circuit Mode doesn't work at all. My scores (Flight and landing) my be not good enough ? Shouldn't i have a message like "Hey, Oliver, you're not good enough to enter circuit mode" ? or ... "Come back when you'll be a real pilot ?"

Happily the manual covers this for us...
"FSFlyingSchool instructors will not evaluate circuits until the pilot has proven basic proficiency at flying and landing the aircraft. A Landing Score above 70 and a Flight Score above 80 must be achieved before circuits can be flown with FSFlyingSchool. "

>> 9. Is there a way to have text in MSFS windows (as it was in P3D) ? Despite the really good voice and it's sound quality, i'm not fluent, and my hears are not working at 100% ... So it might be sometimes difficult for me ...

We've had captions in FS2004, FSX, P3D and X-Plane, but this has not yet been developed for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. We hope to be able to add this soon.

>> CTRL+SHIFT+X, CTRL+SHIFT+Z, CTRL+SHIFT+D and CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE are not working. If they do, i should hear something like "Okay, you've finished taxiing ...". i don't.
I've tried with Keyboard in MSFS, With buttons in FSUIPC, and with buttons in Spadnext.

I am sure we can solve these for you...

Ctrl Shift D is not a command in FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Ctrl Shift Space toggles circuit mode, but this can only be entered when the criteria above in this post have been met.

If Ctrl Shift Z or Ctrl Shift X are not functioning then something about your PC's configuration must be involved with this issue - we can imagine this as FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has already been used by dozens of testers and users all over the world and this is the first such report we have received.

The most likely reasons are that

FSUIPC7 was launched before the pilot got into a plane in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

OR

FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 was not launched after the pilot got into a plane in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and after FSUIPC7 was launched

OR

other software, which processes keystrokes in a particular manner, is running at the same time.

Please let me know what you find!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14178
Posted Sunday, November 01, 2020 1:47:39 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Jeff,

I've finally found the culprit; sometimes it was working, sometimes not. i've found that FSUIPC had some strange behaviors : fsuipc windows was incomplete; not every items of menu were there. So i installed the latest version, ans it seems to be ok now.

For text caption, at least, it could be great (or easier), to have an "indicator", showing FSFS status; even if it's a little window outside FSFS ...

Thank you for your reply and your help !

Take care,
Oliver.

Post #14183
Posted Monday, November 02, 2020 12:03:39 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi again Oliver:

Great to hear it's all working.

Yes - we are certainly looking at implementing captions and hope to be able to add this soon as they can be very helpful.

Have a great week of flights!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14188
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:10am