Flight results not saved

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flight results not saved Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 01, 2020 1:15:34 AM
Hi All,

Ahh, now I can live with most things but my latest flight hasn't saved in the traditional log book or the full pilot log book. I can see it on the screen after the flight but when I select either log books it's not in them. I have had this once before but had assumed it was something I had done, but not this time. This is a real show-stopper as I was starting to use this as my main flight log and looking forward to using the analyser and briefing parts of the product.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
D.
Post #13985
Posted Monday, April 13, 2020 6:15:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi D:

If a flight is not being recorded it is because the flight has not ended as far as FSFlyingSchool knows.

This will most likely be because the pilot has chosen to have flights end at a time which is not the default time.

This is controlled at the Flight Plan screen of FSFlyingSchool where there are 3 options to choose from.

If the events selected do not occur, then the flight has not ended and will not be added to the log book.

You will know for sure if the flight has ended as the instructor will say "OK - we're starting a new flight."

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any questions.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13986
Posted Monday, April 13, 2020 9:28:25 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for the response.

I will try again but this has happened on the last few flights now. I have the flight-end set to brake, stopped and engines off - which I have all done as I use the REP add-on for most of my planes and shut everything down. I have the instructor voice set to silent and all sound from FS2020 off as I am basically only interested in the final flight critic and analyser. About to fly out of London City so will give it a test again.

Cheers,
D.

ps. The flight results are displayed within FS2020, just not saved to the actual files for later review.
Post #13988
Posted Monday, April 13, 2020 10:33:38 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Tomorrow I will double-double-check but it "seems" that if I load a flight-plan then the final results aren't being saved to file, but if I fly without a flight-plan loaded then they save. I will repeat my tests tomorrow and report.

Cheers,
D.
Post #13989
Posted Tuesday, April 14, 2020 6:27:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi D:

I understand what you are checking - but I hope this helps - I can tell you that using a flight plan should have no affect at all on whether the flight is saved.

Can you tell me what settings you have for when-the-flight-ends in FSFlyingSchool (at the flight plan screen)?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13991
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:19am