FSFS 2020 - unknown aircraft has wrong estimations, user edited profile loads incorrectly

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFS 2020 - unknown aircraft has wrong... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, April 07, 2020 8:33:38 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 7:55:54 AM
I bought FSFS2020 with high hopes about the new automatic guessing of aircraft parameters, and ability to adjust those values easily if needs be. But so far neither of these feature worked for me and the 3rd party aircraft I tried. Here is what happens.

The aircraft is question is Cessna 150 by VFlyteAir, released a few months ago.
1. When connected, FSFS2020 estimates all parameters as 0 (zeroes); there is no warning about, but it becomes apparent very quickly with FSFS instructions such as "you're going too fast. the maximum speed for this aircraft is 0".
2. I assume this may be caused by some datarefs missing/not set by the developer of the aircraft, so I decided to supply the values myself with the FSFS UI under aicraft section (user data input). The file (.fsu) has been saved under FSFS/Aircraft directory. It looks ok to me and has all the values I entered. However, when loaded on next "Connect" (or after restart), the values as seen by FSFS are completely different - for example all speeds are lower than what I entered, both in the Aircraft section of the UI and in the vocal instructions from FSFS. Again, the file looks correct; how is it possible the program is not able to correctly load the file it saved before?

Attaching respective .fsu file. Please advise.

Post Attachments 
xpvFlyteAir_Cessna150Commuter.fsu (2 views, 616 bytes)
Post #13965
Posted Wednesday, April 08, 2020 5:49:13 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi p100l:

How are you?

I hope you are well.

Glad to help.

This is very puzzling.

Happily we've received almost no reports of this kind regarding the data being read from the plane itself, but we can certainly imagine that some planes may require special treatment (the user will need to supply the data).

The puzzle is to why the data you have supplied is not being processed correctly.

Can you please send a screenshot of the data at the aircraft screen after the data has been loaded in after connect is pressed when you are in that plane to support@FSFlyingSchool.com ?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13968
Posted Wednesday, April 08, 2020 7:35:37 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 7:55:54 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Sent screenshot & some more details to the support email.

Regards
Post #13969
Posted Thursday, April 09, 2020 2:53:39 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

We are now in comms via email - I will report the results here at the end of the case.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13973
Posted Saturday, April 11, 2020 12:31:00 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, May 01, 2020 1:15:34 AM
Hi - don't know if this will help (or is indeed related at all), but I had the same issue with the Twin Otter. This issue was because the liveries has a "[" and "]" in their filename (i.e. xplane\aircraft\twinotter\liveries\[ln] loganair) - I basically renamed the folder names (removing the "[ln]" bit) and hey presto the save and load of the .fsu files starting working.

Cheers,
D.
Post #13975
Posted Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:53:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi D:

Many thanks for that information.

Can you please list a few of the file or folder names that you needed to rename?

I imagine you renamed folders to match FSU files - can you give me some of the actual ones you did please?

This will be very helpful.

Have a great weekend of flights!

Post #13978
Posted Sunday, April 12, 2020 4:19:30 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, May 01, 2020 1:15:34 AM
Yes of course. I have just reverted my system (including removing my fsu and other flyingschool FS2020 settings) and double-checked the process.

The liveries were all set to:

e:\x-plane 11\aircraft\DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2\liveries\[LN] Air Seychelles
e:\x-plane 11\aircraft\DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2\liveries\[LN] Fuerza Aérea Argentina
e:\x-plane 11\aircraft\DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2\liveries\[LN] Fuerza Aérea de Chile
e:\x-plane 11\aircraft\DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2\liveries\[LN] Loganair
e:\x-plane 11\aircraft\DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2\liveries\[LN] Skybus
e:\x-plane 11\aircraft\DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2\liveries\[LN] Tara Air
e:\x-plane 11\aircraft\DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2\liveries\[LN] Winair
e:\x-plane 11\aircraft\DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2\liveries\[SN] Kenn Borek Air

I then run x-plane and select the logan air livery. I then run FS2020 and connect. In the settings tab FS2020 reports connect with the plane recognised as "DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2 [LN] Loganair". Actually due to the small dialog box of FS2020 it cuts off at "DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2 [LN] L". The Aircraft tab shows as "Unknown" with a number of default values. I disconnect from X-Plane, select "User Specified Data", enter some new values and hit "Save User Data". A bit disorientating as the button has no animation and no indication anything has been done. However in the background it has created a file:

E:\X-Plane 11 Addons\FSFlyingSchool 2020\Aircraft\xpDHC6-300 Twin Otter V2.fsu

with the new value in it, and here is the interesting bit, it creates an entry in the file

E:\X-Plane 11 Addons\FSFlyingSchool 2020\aircraft.dat

which is "DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2 [LN] Loganair=2"

So now I re-connect to X-Plane and it ignores my settings and reverts to "unknown" with default settings.

After "tinkering" the 2 ways to "fix this" are:

- Rename the file "xpDHC6-300 Twin Otter V2.fsu" to "xpDHC6-300 Twin Otter V2 [LN] Loganair.fsu" then it works and I can connect and it picks up all the settings
- Only fly the "default" aircraft which doesn't append the livery to the name and thus the "xpDHC6-300 Twin Otter V2.fsu" is used.

So...the renaming of the liveries was a red-herring, as I did do the rename but then started flying the default one anyway !!!!

Finally...in summary...the issue seems to be that the .fsu file isn't created with the livery tagged on the end. However I would question why you would want to do that anyway, I wouldn't want a .fsu for each livery, so I suspect the best answer would be for FS2020 to ignore the livery when reporting in the setting tab once connected and checking for an .fsu file with the livery name appended.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
D.

Post #13982
Posted Monday, April 13, 2020 6:20:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi D:

Many thanks for all the data and your findings - this is very helpful and we will indeed see what we can do with this issue.

Folks have had to provide FSU files for specific liveries before as some planes seem to require this, but we are doing what we can to get rid of this issue entirely.

Thanks again for taking the time to report all this.

Post #13987
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:17pm