FS2020 - INSTALLED OK BUT NO INSTRUCTIONS

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FS2020 - INSTALLED OK BUT NO INSTRUCTIONS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, March 05, 2020 3:27:42 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 02, 2020 6:09:08 PM
FS2020 fo- Purchased, Downloaded, installed & registered OK. I'm running Windows 10, X-Plane 11.

Also able to 'Connect' from X-Plane 11. However, I hear no instructions. In the Pilot & Setup tabs I can 'Listen to Instructor' & it sounds fine.

What am I missing? Thx.
Post #13940
Posted Friday, March 06, 2020 2:39:05 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Ackadaba:

Glad to help!

You will hear nothing if X-Plane is paused.

If X-Plane is not paused, do you hear FSFlyingSchool say "FSFlyingSchool connecting" when you press the connect button in FSFlyingSchool?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13941
Posted Friday, March 06, 2020 5:45:39 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Nope - X-Plane was not paused.
I do not hear anything while it does a "connect".
I start X-Plane 11; start New Flight, choose my plane (HAVE IT ON THE RUNWAY RUNNING). Then I start the FSFlyingSchool2020 application. A completion bar goes from 0 - 100% & shows 'Status: Monitoring X-Plane [FSFlyingSchool 2020 x-pLANE 11+10 V8.0.0]' at the bottom of the App window.
When I hit 'Connect', I see a blank window for a 2 seconds & then the FSFlyingSchool 2020 app shuts down & returns to X-Plane 11. Hope this answers what you were looking for. Appreciate the assistance.
Post #13942
Posted Friday, March 06, 2020 6:50:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Ackadaba:

Thanks for the additional information - nothing is happening because FSFlyingSchool is not running. It is closing when its connect button is pressed. This is not normal and we need to establish why.

>> Also able to 'Connect' from X-Plane 11.

I am not sure what you are describing - can you tell me more?

Can you tell me if you have done this? It needs to be done exactly as described here...
IMPORTANT! FSFlyingSchool should always be run 'as an administrator'.
You should do this even if you are the only person who uses the PC and even if you are an administrator.
To do this, right click on the FSFlyingSchool icon, shortcut or menu item you use to launch FSFlyingSchool, select
'Properties' from the menu, select the 'Compatibility' tab, and turn ON 'Run this program as an administrator'.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13943
Posted Saturday, March 07, 2020 6:13:15 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Pls ignore - 'Also able to 'Connect' from X-Plane 11' comment.... I meant to say "'Connect' from FSFlyingScholl for X-Plane 11".
Yes, I did the 'Run this program as administrator' routine as described. I did this as the first thing after installation as described in the Manual. Checked it now & it is checked.
Thanks.
Post #13944
Posted Wednesday, March 11, 2020 9:25:50 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Ackadaba:

It may be that security software on your PC has intercepted an operation FSFlyingSchool is performing and is preventing you from using it.

You need to tell any and all security software on the PC to leave FSFlyingSchool and its folders alone as it looks highly likely that FSFlyingSchool is being blocked and cannot (fully) run.

You will need to tell the security software on the PC to allow FSFlyingSchool to run on the PC.

It is necessary to determine what security software is protecting your PC against malicious software. It could be McAfee, Avast, Norton (etc) or Windows's own 'Microsoft Security Essentials'.

Such software will either block programs it does not recognise from running or may limit what the software can do on your PC.

Please determine what software is protecting your PC against viruses (etc) and, using that software's menus, tell it to exclude or allow or ignore or make an exception of (the terms vary) FSFlyingSchool.

Please let me know how you get on.

Post #13950
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:59pm