new user. taxiway advice, speech at inappropriate times.

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

new user. taxiway advice, speech at... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:57:17 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 06, 2018 12:36:51 PM
Hello: Do I have a setting wrong? While taxing Mr Smith does not tell me to turn at each taxi way intersection as advised by ground control. He does call out which taxiway intersection is coming up however. Is this normal?
In flight or on the ground, Mr Smith will begin chattering , or giving advice such as turn rate to fast, or flaps down, while ATC is giving me directions. This certainly is a major problem. How do I prevent this? It really hurts the realism and I am ready to quit using fsflight school because of this.
I cannot learn anything when important atc messages are constantly being interrupted by Mr smith.
-Stampee

Post #13300
Posted Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:24:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi:

Glad to help!

>> While taxing Mr Smith does not tell me to turn at each taxi way intersection as advised by ground control. He does call out which taxiway intersection is coming up however. Is this normal?

As you can imagine, FSFlyingSchool does what we claim it does and we do not make this claim. Mr Smith knows a lot about taxiways and pilots are enjoying the Taxiway Tutor, but it does not include being told where to turn to get to a given destination.

>> In flight or on the ground, Mr Smith will begin chattering , or giving advice such as turn rate to fast, or flaps down, while ATC is giving me directions.

The instructor may speak at the same time as ATC as they do not detect each other, but this can be managed by a number of measures. Pilots always benefit from reading all the options that are described in the several manuals accompanying FSFlyingSchool.

There are several types of information which the instructor speaks (such as generic 'help' and much more) which can be selectively turned off if the pilot does not want so much talking.

Also - using 'Voice Command' the pilot can simply say "Be quite please" and the instructor will stop speaking.

NOTE TO ALL READERS: Remember that FSFlyingSchool can be flown with your simulator for free, for as long as you like - just download the free demo for X-Plane, FSX or P3Dv4 and explore all the features we have created over 12 years of continuous development.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13302
Posted Friday, March 23, 2018 2:16:26 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, April 06, 2018 12:36:51 PM
Thank you: Yes I read the manual cover to cover, or byte to byte as the case may be but it can be daunting. I have all spoken tips turned off.
under Pilots, sound setup, I have all right hand column advice/tips turned on. In the left column I have monitor weather, monitor ground traffic and monitor air traffic on. I will have to get a microphone and tell Mr Smith to be quiet, because he still chatters incessantly at all the wrong times. I am kind of surprised I am the only person this seems to bother.
-Stampee
Post #13303
Posted Friday, August 31, 2018 3:00:00 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:58:19 PM
You're not the only one. It bothers me as well. Telling the instructor to be quiet works for only a short time. I usually suffer the incessant chatter rather than incessantly chattering "be quiet" myself.

As a suggestion to the developers, options to deselect specific phrases and to choose cycle time for these phrases would be welcomed. Nothing is more annoying than a smart aleck instructor telling me to extend flaps "if you're gonna land" over and over again, especially when I'm not landing. Telling us to read the documentation is a cop out. I've read it. Listen to us. We're your customers. If FSInventions wants more of my money, they'll have to pick up their game.
Post #13504
Posted Friday, August 31, 2018 4:37:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
nvxplorer:

>> If FSInventions wants more of my money, they'll have to pick up their game.

We offer free demos of all our products and the demos have no time limits. Anyone who is interested can have a complete picture of what they will experience with FSFlyingSchool before they buy it.

We want our users to enjoy the product.

We've spent 12 years making FSFlyingSchool and are still improving and adding to it.

We correspond with users every single day of the year; almost all communications are by direct email.

Almost every communication is answered within 24 hours, usually by me - the publisher and lead developer.

Some user ideas are incorporated, some have to wait and some are not going to be incorporated.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13505
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:30am