Getting a popup box

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Getting a popup box Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, November 21, 2016 11:53:43 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 20, 2019 11:19:43 AM
Hi Jeff,

A few weeks ago my Win8.1 crashed and everything I had was lost (lost on the HD), I have backups of everything. The reinstall process has been a pain; but I’m now getting FSX up and running again.

I installed FSFlying Pro, but on my backup USB I had version 960 and installed that. When I tried to enter my Comanche key it didn’t accept it. It did accept the weather, taxi add-ons okay. I checked my discs and realized that I should have installed version 970 instead. I did that (by simply overwriting the 960 version) but now I get an odd message.

When I run the program I get ‘Tip of the Day’ on the screen with nothing else.

When I clear it with okay, I get a box that says “Key has already been added’.

When I click ‘Okay’ the program runs.

When I check the ‘Credits’ section I can see my reg key and at the bottom left I see:

Detail Packs
TAXIWAYTR, WEATHERPK, COMANCHE

At the top my versions says: FSFlying School Pro 2016 (October 28 2016)
At the bottom it says: FSFlying School v9.7.0

Thanks
Larry
Post #12806
Posted Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:13:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 9:53:18 AM
Hi Larry:

To save you time, in my experience the best thing to do here would be to install 9.7.0 into a new folder which you create for it.

That way, nothing from any earlier installation can affect it - it will be 'clean'.

Alternatively, you can continue to use what you already have installed. If you installed 9.7.0 into an existing folder which contained your data and settings, then you will of course have your log book and other preferences in place (whereas with a 'clean' installation - you will have nothing).
From your report - all your keys are installed correctly.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12807
Posted Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:49:06 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 20, 2019 11:19:43 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I uninstalled the program and re-installed V9.7.0 but this time into C:\FSFlyingSchool rather than the Program files (x86) folder. That (of course) wasn’t the problem since before the crash it worked fine there, but Windows is so protective of that folder that I now tend to avoid it when possible. My FSX install is in C:\FSX.

Anyway, it works like a charm now!

Incidentally, I just love your program! I had no idea of the sloppy habits I’d developed over time since there was no way to know that I was doing anything wrong. Now Mr. Smith lets me know (in no uncertain terms) that I’m not following proper procedures (and he tells me what corrective actions I should take) since FSX is rather forgiving in that regard. I have my realism sliders set to max, but even with that setting, FSX still allows far too much leeway.

So far I’ve purchased every module and will automatically buy any new ones if and when they become available.

Larry
Post #12808
Posted Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:42:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 9:53:18 AM
Hi Larry:

Great to hear you are up and flying again!

And many thanks for your kind words of encouragement. It means a very great deal to us to get such feedback from happy pilots.

Yes - Mr Smith keeps a pretty close eye on us all and as time goes by he thinks of new things to mention and hopefully train the pilot to do the right way.

This year we've seen the introduction of taxiway tuition, weather instruction and of course a detail pack for the splendid A2A Comanche, all of which, we hope, is helping folks become better pilots, either simulated or real.

I hope you have a blast with your flights this week - please spread the word!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12809
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:01am