PMDGnx 800 and IA 2015?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

PMDGnx 800 and IA 2015? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:00:57 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 21, 2016 9:31:25 AM
Does anyone know how to maintain the engines running after the IA loads the sim? everything works fine until I switch the dome lights and the flight reloads, but the plane takes too long to the engines to start, any suggestions?
thanks
Post #12731
Posted Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:33:29 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Angeli662:

Glad to help!

I imagine you are posting about FS Instant Approach PRO 2015 for FSX and the PMDG NGX 800 for FSX? I'll work on that basis - please let me know if this is not the case.

Are the engines still running when you toggle the lights to restart the approach or have you shut down the aircraft? If they are not running - leave them running and please let me know what occurs when you restart the approach.

If they are running - this may be an issue with the simulated aircraft. As we can imagine, there are hundreds of aircraft available for the simulator and while almost all of them will work along the lines of those included with the simulator, some, especially those with complex modelling, do not, and this can cause issues.

When the aircraft is positioned in the air for the 2nd or subsequent approach, what are the engines doing specifically?

Please let me know.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12732
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:24:41 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for the response.
The plane is up in the air positioned and aligned to the runway, but starts in idle, by the time it goes into normal acceleration predefined in FS IA it crashes, I have to put the plane way to high ton regain control which doesn't help me practicing landings. I think has to do with the 737800 taking time to warm up the engines, even if is up in the air it treats as if the engines has just started.
If you could come up with any solution that would be great.
Post #12737
Posted Thursday, August 18, 2016 4:29:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi again:

Are the engines still running when you toggle the lights to restart the approach or have you shut down the aircraft? If they are not running - leave them running and please let me know what occurs when you restart the approach.

If there is still a problem, then a workaround would be as follows...

...if you plan to approach from 'x' miles out you could instead start from a few extra miles out and some extra altitude in order to get those engines running properly. Then when you reach 'x' miles you can be on the glideslope with engines running.

This effectively means you'll start each approach with some emergency training. This is only a workaround.

Another method would be to set up the approaches you want and each time SAVE the flight in the simulator immediately after the approach is flying smoothly with engines running and correct altitude. The key is that FSIA PRO 2015 has done all the work of setting you up for the approach - you just need to save the flights you want and in so doing can build up a library of approaches to try. Again - this is only a workaround - but it is also used by many pilots who are not having problems and just like having saved flights to call on at a whim.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12738
Posted Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:22:51 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks, the approach starts as if I start a flight on the ground, the engines start but in idle, it takes a few seconds to go into full, I think Aerosoft airbuses do the same. I have been doing what you suggested 6 miles out 6000 f up, that gives me enough time to gain control. I am going to ask on PMDG forum if there is a way to start with the engines full, that would solve the issue.

Cheers

Rick

Post #12740
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:08am