Landing scores on uncontrolled airports

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Landing scores on uncontrolled airports Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 04, 2016 9:11:50 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 16, 2022 2:41:38 AM
Hello,
First many congratulations for the FSFS software. I am not a real pilot but my virtual flights take all their sense when I use it (FSFS Pro 2014) both on FS9 and FSX.

I have observed that it was very difficult to obtain correct scores when landing on a runway having no visual help (papi) or electronic devices. Even in the case of a landing with good alignment, slope, speed, … the landing score remains pretty poor. What is the solution (if any) to limit such penalization inferred by the absence of quantitative information allowing the software for computing a score?
Thank you very much for your explanations.
Cordially
gerod
Post #12533
Posted Friday, February 05, 2016 4:05:38 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi Gerod:

I think the best way we can help is if you post here - in reply to this post - the text from the 'Full Log Book' of FSFS which describes such a landing and I will see what I can do to help. There are a lot of factors involved in scoring so it's best if we can start with some data and also if you could draw my attention to anything in the log book for that specific flight that you feel is incorrect.

The 'Full Log Book' is the one that is displayed using your browser and is opened from the LOG BOOK screen of FSFS.

Simply copy and paste one of your recent flights, from the log book, into a reply to this post - and we'll get started there!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12534
Posted Tuesday, February 09, 2016 7:51:32 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 16, 2022 2:41:38 AM
Hello,
Thank you very much for your answer. In fact I think of having found a solution to my problem. The uncontrolled airports on which I tried to obtain correct landing scores were not listed in the RWY file and thus I always got a message saying that FSFS did not find airport in front of my plane (when flying at less than 500 AGL) and whatever was the quality of the landing I had the message 'landed without a proper approach OR off runway surface' and thus a poor landing score. I verify now that the RWY file contains my destination airport and everything goes well better.

Do you confirm that this lack of data may explain all or part of my problem ?
Thank you again.
Best regards
gerod
Post #12535
Posted Tuesday, February 09, 2016 8:39:35 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi Gerod:

You have it!

I imagine you have told FSFS to generate the runway data for your airports?

This is essential unless you are using completely standard airports supplied with the simulator with no add-ons or alterations.

And yes - if the runway data is missing, the instructors will think you are landing in the middle of nowhere and you will not get good scores.

Well done - and good luck with your simulated flight training!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12536
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:52am