Hot keys not working correctly... other problems.

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Hot keys not working correctly... other... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 09, 2014 4:16:25 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 6:36:56 PM
When I try ctrl-shft-X to go back one flying mode, nothing happens.

When I try ctrl-shft-D to display the flying mode, nothing happens.

On landing approach, the "instructor" will say I'm too high then immediately say I am descending too quickly immediately followed by telling me I'm too high. Also, the PAPI lights on the runway will indicate I am above the glide slope when the "instructor" is telling me I am too low or PAPI will indicate I'm too low and the "instructor" will say I'm too high.

I can be just above stall speed and the instructor will tell me to reduce throttle.

It's a bit frustrating to say the least.
Post #11918
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:36:08 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi:

Glad to help!

Rest assured that the professional press have given FSFS lots of testing and lots of kind words - it's a trusted product containing 9 continuous years of development and of course has a free demo.

>> When I try ctrl-shft-X to go back one flying mode, nothing happens.

Almost certainly caused by not being in your airplane when connect is pressed in FSFS.

>> When I try ctrl-shft-D to display the flying mode, nothing happens.

Almost certainly caused by not being in your airplane when connect is pressed in FSFS.

>> On landing approach, the "instructor" will say I'm too high then immediately say I am descending too quickly immediately followed by telling me I'm too high.

The pilot can be in a situation in which both apply - too high and descending too fast. In this case, descend slower.

>> Also, the PAPI lights on the runway will indicate I am above the glide slope when the "instructor" is telling me I am too low or PAPI will indicate I'm too low and the "instructor" will say I'm too high.

This can vary based on the runway and is most often caused by runway data for your own specific PC not having been generated by you, within FSFS, as described in the manual.

>> I can be just above stall speed and the instructor will tell me to reduce throttle.

When this advice is given the instructor considers several factors and the stall speed is certainly one of them. It could be that the stall speed in the Aircraft Screen of FSFS is too high and does not reflect that of the aircraft - you can quickly adjust this as described in the manual.

>> It's a bit frustrating to say the least.

Most folks do fine with the demo from the start, but it depends on what you have installed on your PC, which plane you are flying and where, and many other factors. We're always here to help get things working for you.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11919
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2014 5:00:32 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 6:36:56 PM
Hi:

Glad to help!

Rest assured that the professional press have given FSFS lots of testing and lots of kind words - it's a trusted product containing 9 continuous years of development and of course has a free demo.

>> When I try ctrl-shft-X to go back one flying mode, nothing happens.

I was in the airplane...FLYING!

>> When I try ctrl-shft-D to display the flying mode, nothing happens.

I was in the airplane...FLYING!

>> On landing approach, the "instructor" will say I'm too high then immediately say I am descending too quickly immediately followed by telling me I'm too high.

The pilot can be in a situation in which both apply - too high and descending too fast. In this case, descend slower.

And miss the landing.

>> Also, the PAPI lights on the runway will indicate I am above the glide slope when the "instructor" is telling me I am too low or PAPI will indicate I'm too low and the "instructor" will say I'm too high.

This can vary based on the runway and is most often caused by runway data for your own specific PC not having been generated by you, within FSFS, as described in the manual.

I updated the runways as described in the manual!

>> I can be just above stall speed and the instructor will tell me to reduce throttle.

When this advice is given the instructor considers several factors and the stall speed is certainly one of them. It could be that the stall speed in the Aircraft Screen of FSFS is too high and does not reflect that of the aircraft - you can quickly adjust this as described in the manual.

I give up. You refuse to think there might be a few flaws. I want a refund!

>> It's a bit frustrating to say the least.

Most folks do fine with the demo from the start, but it depends on what you have installed on your PC, which plane you are flying and where, and many other factors. We're always here to help get things working for you. [Wink]
Post #11922
Posted Thursday, December 11, 2014 1:03:10 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Alhefner - based on your request, you will be contacted by our staff.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11925
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:34pm