staying in FSf registered mode

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

staying in FSf registered mode Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:41:46 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 6:02:03 PM
After I start fsx and open FSf and connect everything seems fine. I hear the instructor say connecting. Then I switch back to fsx to start flying but hear nothing. I then switch to the FSf screen and it says an error has occurred and I need to right click on the FSf icon to chose "run as administrator" After I do that a new FSf screen comes up but it is now in the demo mode and tells me I need to register it, which I have already done.
Post #11513
Posted Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:51:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Pete:

It needs to be run as admin every time - that will solve the problem.

If you've entered the registration data but are now in demo mode it is because the registration data was not saved to the hard disc (Windows refused to so do) because the session was not run as an admin.

To save time you can right click on the shortcut which starts FSFS and in

Properties... Shortcut... Advanced... indicate to run as admin

and then it will always do just that.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11514
Posted Saturday, March 29, 2014 1:30:32 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

OK, after I put a check in the run as administrator box and click OK. It then reverts back to the original properties box and I click on apply and then OK buttons. Now when I left click on the FSf icon, it come up the demo version. I even tried it without clicking the apply button and it still comes up demo version. If I remove the check in the run as administrator and click apply and OK and then open the FSf icon it does not say demo version.
Post #11515
Posted Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:03:24 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Pete:

I cannot imagine what you are experiencing unless you have 2 versions installed, one of which is registered and one which is not.

The bottom line is that if it is registered the DEMO title goes away from the title bar of the program and you can fly anywhere.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11516
Posted Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:19:00 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Yes it is all very strange to me also. As you will recall, this all started when I upgraded to pro 14. After I downloaded the new version, I had trouble registering it. A photo of the registration numbers that I sent to you showed that they were numbers for pro 13 and you told me that is why they would not register when I clicked the register button. Once you found that I had in fact paid for pro 14, you sent me new registration numbers to copy and paste in to place. I did that and the boxes disappeared and all seemed well. I only checked to see that demo had disappeared from the title line and I could hear the instructor say connecting when I pressed that button. I did not have time to do any flying at that time, so I did not go any further. The first time I had time to try some flying was a couple of day ago and that is when I discovered the present problem. Is there anyway I can uninstall everything I have now and just start over?
Post #11517
Posted Monday, March 31, 2014 1:23:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Pete:

You certainly can uninstall FSFS of course.

I also recommend that you install into a new folder (with a different name).

You need to install FSFS PRO 2014 of course and then launch it "as an administrator" and copy and paste your 2014 codes, which end in "7001", into the 4 fields at the credits screen. If you do this, the "demo" will disappear from the program window title. Then exit FSFS so we can be sure that the data was saved to the disc. It is at this point that the data is written and if there is a problem, you will get an error, the data will not be saved, and you will still be in demo mode.

Please let me know how you get on.

Post #11518
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:08am