737 NGX and also installing FSIA PRO without changing FSIA.

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

737 NGX and also installing FSIA PRO without... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:44:33 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi folks!

One of 'our' pilots asked some interesting questions which I thought would be useful to share here...

1. You can 'restart the approach' by simply flipping your airplane's panel lights from off to on, and... another approach will begin!

Does this work for the complex PMDG 737 NGX also ??

Because the 737 NGX has a lot of lights to turn on manually and all shortcuts for keyboards FSX are deleted because of interference !!

So what lights to turn off and on must I use ??

You ask a very good question. As you can imagine, we cannot test our software with all add-ons and so we always recommend that you simply try the free demo and make sure that the results are absolutely to your satisfaction before considering purchasing the product. It is only the panel lights that will trigger the restart of the approach, but I cannot say if they will work in your specific plane. Can you please let me know what the result is so I can share it with others?

Can I install the demo and leave my installed FS Instant Approach alone ??

Is there a movie about this new version ??

You can specify where the demo is installed and make absolutely sure that it is NOT your existing FSIA folder. In that way - it will not interfere with FSIA.

We are working on a movie for the new product and will announce its publication here and in our mail lists - thanks for asking!

Note that the free manual installed on your PC with the free demo discusses all the new features in great detail.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10675
Posted Monday, March 25, 2013 8:41:33 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:02:04 AM
SquadronLeader (2/27/2013)
Hi folks!

One of 'our' pilots asked some interesting questions which I thought would be useful to share here...

1. You can 'restart the approach' by simply flipping your airplane's panel lights from off to on, and... another approach will begin!

Does this work for the complex PMDG 737 NGX also ??

Because the 737 NGX has a lot of lights to turn on manually and all shortcuts for keyboards FSX are deleted because of interference !!

You ask a very good question. As you can imagine, we cannot test our software with all add-ons and so we always recommend that you simply try the free demo and make sure that the results are absolutely to your satisfaction before considering purchasing the product. It is only the panel lights that will trigger the restart of the approach, but I cannot say if they will work in your specific plane. Can you please let me know what the result is so I can share it with others?

Can I install the demo and leave my installed FS Instant Approach alone ??

Is there a movie about this new version ??

You can specify where the demo is installed and make absolutely sure that it is NOT your existing FSIA folder. In that way - it will not interfere with FSIA.

We are working on a movie for the new product and will announce its publication here and in our mail lists - thanks for asking!

Note that the free manual installed on your PC with the free demo discusses all the new features in great detail.

Today I downloaded the demo and the switch to use for restarting the approach is the Dome white switch on the overhead panel !!

Robert

Post #10797
Posted Monday, March 25, 2013 9:48:54 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Many thanks for sharing this with us - much appreciated.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10801
Posted Monday, April 15, 2013 11:15:45 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:02:04 AM

Today I downloaded the demo and the switch to use for restarting the approach is the Dome white switch on the overhead panel !![/quote]

I have just one more thing to at, and that is you must flip the Dome white switch back within the second!

Otherwise after loading a few seconds later the reloading starts again!

Or you can flip it back right after the loading has finished!

Robert

Post #10856
Posted Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:39:11 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

The logic in the program is such that if the panel lights are off for at least 0.5 seconds and then turned on, the approach will restart.

Post #10859
Posted Monday, February 03, 2014 4:43:16 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:58:58 PM
Hi
I am using FSFlyingSchool PRO 2014 with the PMDG 737-800 NGX. I have been trying unsuccessfully to restart the approach using this technique of switching the Dome light off/on. Does it have to be done at a certain time or does it only work with FSInstantApproach PRO and not with FSFSPro2014? I do not crash but want to redo the approach to try and improve my landing performance. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Post #11422
Posted Friday, February 07, 2014 7:13:15 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Ivan:

As mentioned earlier in the post we cannot predict the behaviour in all add-on planes, but the previous posting user did have it working.

But it should be noted that this is a feature of FSIA PRO and it is not a feature of FSFS PRO 2014. The latter program has all of the features of FSIA PRO except for this single feature.

We hope to add it to FSFS PRO 2014 soon!

Keep in mind that this is a feature for convenience, you can of course just finish your approach and then go back to FSFS PRO 2014 and click "disconnect" and then "connect" again and the approach will start over again. So... the procedure you will need to use with FSFS PRO 2014 actually only takes about 5 seconds above what it takes with FSIA PRO.

Post #11426
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:19pm