Startup confusion

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Startup confusion Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:34:16 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, January 24, 2014 3:54:52 PM
I'm very confused about what this program does. I have fsx, and installed fsflyingschool with no problems.

I select a cessna 172 and click fly now. While the plane is on the runway I switch to FSflyingschool and click connect. It says it's connected and the voice says something like "make sure the plane is loaded and you're in the cockpit" which I am. What's supposed to happen next? Nothing happens and FSX just plays how it always does. There's no instructor. What am I missing?

Is there a comprehensive explanation of what this program does?

help much appreciated!
Post #11407
Posted Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:12:13 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi BP:

It's all explained in detail in the several manuals which come with the product and are installed on your PC when you install FSFS.

If you start to taxi you will hear the instructor's comments - the good news is that we already know that your sound is configured correctly as you have indeed heard something already from FSFS.

Please take a look at the main 'FSFlyingSchool Manual' first to be get an idea of the overall picture.

Please let me know how you get on!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11408
Posted Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:50:43 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

The manual section titled "Quick Start" says the following "Create or select a flight in Flight Simulator using an aircraft listed in FSFlyingSchool’s aircraft folder"

What does that mean? The aircraft in the fsflyingschool folder don't show up as choices in fsx. Bear with me, because I have a feeling I missing something obvious. My instructor never says anything. Are there perhaps some hotkeys I could try to verify that it's even running?
Post #11409
Posted Friday, January 24, 2014 3:25:15 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi BP:

I am sure this is down to something obvious - but cannot quite see what it is - yet.

The planes in the aircraft folder are also listed in the manual.

Best to start out with the FSX standard c172 - not an add-on version. We'll keep it basic for testing.

We know that you can receive sound from FSFS because you reported...

>> It says it's connected and the voice says something like "make sure the plane is loaded and you're in the cockpit" which I am.

This would suggest that this is not a problem with the sound configuration.

Please answer all these questions...

1. FSFS version?

2. FSUIPC version?

3. Is your FSFS registered?

4. Where is the plane (which airport or otherwise)? (Note if you are using the DEMO version you need to start at Chicago KORD to keep it simple).

5. It could be that FSFS has disconnected after you connected. If you connect and then wait for say 20 seconds and then look at the Log Book screen of FSFS - what does it say there?

6. It could be that when you return to FSX after connecting FSFS, FSX is in PAUSE mode. Is this the case? If so - what happens when you press P to 'un-pause' and use FSX...?

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11410
Posted Friday, January 24, 2014 9:29:52 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for your help!

Just got it working. Turns out FSFlyingschool was actually crashing after I switched back to fsx. I didn't notice that it was saying it couldn't access some file. I ran as administrator and it works now!

I was thrown off by the lack of an in-game GUI and couldn't tell if it was running. All good now!

Now if only I could get my A2A Cessna 172 plane to work right. Instructor keeps insisting that I turn on the alternator and raise my landing gear...
Post #11411
Posted Saturday, January 25, 2014 2:55:42 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Those issues with the A2A c172 are solved in FSFS PRO 2014 - I can only imagine you are using any older version?

Post #11412
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:53am