Suggested improvement for next upgrade

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Suggested improvement for next upgrade Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:42:27 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:01:25 PM
The biggest complaint I have about FSIA is that it takes so long to load up each approach. The really annoying situation is when you crash the aircraft on your attempted landing, and then FSX automatically reboots your flight back to airport that you started out from on the ground. I guess I could turn off detecting crash, or aircraft is damaged in crash, or whatever they call it (if they still even have that option in FSX since, to be honest, I haven't checked for a while), but that makes it difficult to tell if you really did crash the aircraft. So now I have to wait for the plane to be put back on the runway at the starting airport, and then I have to go back into FSIA and click connect to send the plane to it's designated approach spot, which mean more time in loading the situation. After a couple of these drawn out deals I've had it with practicing approaches. What the program really needs is a way to immediately get the aircraft back to your approach situation without having to go through the double ordeal of loading.
-Ed
Post #11355
Posted Monday, December 30, 2013 1:16:11 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

FSX will do what it wishes with the plane after a crash and we cannot stop that from happening. One can imagine that most folks who are enjoying FSIA and FSIA PRO are doing so without crashing the plane and so are not affected by this issue.

You may wish to try our lead product FSFlyingSchool PRO 2014 which has all but one of the features of FSIA PRO built into it and also helps you learn how to take off, fly and land. We have free demos for all our products at our web site.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11356
Posted Monday, December 30, 2013 7:45:05 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:01:25 PM
As for the crashing, one of the reasons I got this program was to practice ILS landings in the heavy metal and to learn the particular characteristics of each aircraft. The big jets and their guidance systems are complex and accidents will happen until you've straightened out the nuances. Just read the number of posts on here where people say that there aircraft loses altitude and goes into the ground. Since my first post I have alleviated the time problem to a great degree by turning off the "detect crash" option in the aircraft settings. While not realistic, at least it eliminates having to wait for the situation to first reset itself to the original airport on the ground and then wait for the approach situation to load. I've also greatly reduced my wait times by going into fsx.cfg and changing the LOD scenery setting from 6.5, which is what I normally run the simulator at to have nice crisp scenery detail, all the way down to 2.5 for use with FSIA. With a much lower detail in scenery the loading time is significantly reduced.

However, now that I've kind of solved my initial complaint, the problem I seem to be having now is that the aircraft's autopilot system seems to be thinking that the aircraft is still in takeoff mode, even though it is 3000 feet up and approaching the runway. And that is why I believe a lot of people have complained about their aircraft losing altitude and crashing. I've been noticing that there are certain settings popping up on the autopilot that are related to takeoff, even though I am trying to rig the system for an ILS landing. I imagine this is due to the fact that the original position of the aircraft, before it reloaded with FSIA, was on the runway ready for takeoff. So when you reload the plane in FSIA it still thinks it is on the ground. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what I am thinking right now. I am going to try getting up in the air, going into level flight, and then reload the aircraft with FSIA and seeing if there is a difference in the way the autopilot is handling an ILS situation.
-Ed
Post #11357
Posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:46:32 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

For reference of all readers...

The phenomenon of planes falling out of the sky is usually confined to planes starting on the ground in FS2004, in which we make very clear that we cannot set the speed, and so the speed starts at zero - not a good start. This is solved completely by starting the plane in the air, cruising, before the "connect" button is pressed.

That only relates to FS2004.

Of course, there may be (rarely) planes that do not allow their speeds to be set in FSX - this is why we offer free demos of course.

We do not make any settings on the autopilot. Its configuration is entirely up to the pilot.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11360
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:19am