Flight Simulator must be running before ...

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flight Simulator must be running before ... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:44:19 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:08:53 AM
Hi,

I`ve tried to run the "FS FlyingSchool Pro 2013 Demo". Unfortunately I am not even able to use the Connect-button. Of course, I`ve followed the Quick Start instructions, that means I`ve started FSX, I`ve choosen a suitable airplane (B737-800), I`ve choosen a suitable airport (KORD) and I`ve got this airplane on the ground at Chicago. In consequence I`ve started the Demo-application (Administrator Mode).

From my point of view after that procedure the Connect-Button should be active, right? Unfortunately that`s not the case for me. Therefore I am always receiving the Error Message "Flight Simulator must be running before ... (e.g. an Airport can be loaded).

Could you please advise on how to solve that problem?

Thank you and best regards,

Wene
Post #10579
Posted Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:58:45 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Wene:

I think you are saying that the connect button in FSFS PRO 2013 is disabled - and so cannot be pressed?

That should not be the case - we can help fastest if you can send us a screen shot so we can look at the whole FSFS screen and find out what is wrong.

We need the Settings Screen of FSFS showing that connect is disabled and showing that you are running with FSX just as you have described.

To send us a screen shot, press the Print Scrn (print screen) button on your PC keyboard to capture the entire screen and then PASTE that information into an email to support@fsflyingschool.com

To PASTE the screen capture, simply press Ctrl V while typing in the body of an email to us. The email will need to be in HTML format (not plain text).

If you have any problems doing this - you can always just take a picture of the screen with a digital camera and send us that picture. As long as the picture is clear we can use that!

Finally - FSFS will not work unless the free version of FSUIPC 4 is installed, as described in the manual. Is it installed?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10580
Posted Monday, April 08, 2013 11:46:55 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 18, 2013 3:42:55 PM
Benny, I'm sure you can tell me how to fix this easily. I have the demo lessons and it tells me I have to be in a plane before I click "connect". But once I hit the FLY button in FSX the screen enlarges and I cannot see any part Of FSFS. So, how do I get to see the FSFS screen once I click FLY?
Post #10841
Posted Tuesday, April 09, 2013 2:19:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

Note - some folks prefer to run FSX in "Windowed" mode so it is easier to see which programs are running. You can move in and out of this mode by pressing ALT ENTER while in the cockpit in FSX.

This is the procedure you must use to run the FSFS program...

. Quit all programs.

. Launch FSX.

. Get into the cockpit of a plane. Do not quit FSX.

. Return to Windows desktop. For example, press ALT TAB to return to the desktop.

. Launch FSFlyingSchool program.

. Press "Connect" in FSFlyingSchool.

. Press ALT TAB to switch back to the FSX program - which is still running.

. If FSX is 'paused' press P in FSX to 'un-pause' it.

. Go flying in FSX with FSFlyingSchool!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10842
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:41am