No need to register FSUIPC in order to use FSFlyingSchool

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

No need to register FSUIPC in order to use... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:37:07 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Excellent!

Happy landings.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6740
Posted Monday, March 22, 2010 2:40:47 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, June 20, 2016 7:19:11 PM
Can I just add to this FSUIPC thread that I was running an earlier (free) version of FSUIPC for FSX but then bought it around the same time as FSFS, so I could get the latest version etc.

For reasons I don't quite understand (and it may be a coincidence) my control calibration works *much better* - even though the new version is simply loading the values as set up in the old version. Go figure!

As it's at the core of so many add-ons these days, I really think it's money well spent!
Post #6992
Posted Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:27:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Adam:

We agree - FSUIPC is a great program with lots of great features.

I will take this opportunity to once more repeat that the free version is all that is needed to run our software, but the paid version has lots of features that are worth reading about and looking into.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6993
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:56:47 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, June 03, 2013 4:33:14 AM
Thanks for your advice that FSUIPC and FS Instant Approach Pro were not connected. The demo version of FSUIPC must have been 'thrown in' ex gratia. I have been trying to use FS Inventions FS Instant Approach Pro, which is what I purchased, downloaded and installed. While I have entered the four license keys and seen the heading of the panel change from demo to a full copy, my copy of the program still tells me I have a demo copy and need to purchase the full copy. I cannot see any reason why I need to purchase another copy for the program to work fully. Am I missing something or is it possible the message I received when trying to instal it on my computer has something to do with the problem? Message received was 'IPC Request contains bad data'
Post #10806
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:37:33 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

You need to register our program - just once - using the 4 codes sent to you by the seller.

If our software asks you, after that, if you wish to purchase it, it is because it is not registered (it is still in demo mode). This can happen if after registering it, it was unable to store your registration data on your hard disc (if this occurred an error would have been displayed). This is, in 99% of the cases reported, due to not running the program in administrator mode.

Windows security is entirely capable of preventing you from saving data on your own PC.

Windows security has become so tight that in order for FSIA to function correctly it is necessary that:
- The same user installed FSX and FSIA and FSUIPC.
- That same user is running FSX and FSIA.
- That user is an administrator on that PC.

Even if you are the only person who uses the PC and you are its "administrator" of Windows security..

...you should always launch FSIA as an administrator or Windows may prevent operations such as saving your own data to your PC.

To do this just right click on the icon which launches FSIA and choose "Run as Administrator" - you can also indicate that this is a permanent choice in the "Properties" of the icon - accessed by a right click - in the "Advanced" button on the "Shortcut" tab.

FSUIPC is never required to be registered by our software. It has a 12 digit code that you do not need to enter. Just press cancel (if asked for a code) to skip the process.

FSUIPC must be installed and functioning correctly for our software to function. You can check this easily by making sure that it appears on the Add-ons menu in FSX when you are in a plane in FSX. Do not select it from that menu - there is no need to - just check that it is there. (In FS2004 it appears on the 'Modules' menu). If it is not there, it has not been installed or there was a problem with the installation. Installation problems are reported very clearly by FSUIPC.

Finally, FSUIPC must be version 4.8 or higher. (For FS2004, a version of FSUIPC is installed automatically by our software).

Please let me know how you get on.

Post #10811
Posted Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:08:38 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, June 03, 2013 4:33:14 AM
Thank you for your assistance on FSUIPC and FS Instant approach. The problem, I found, was not in registration - rather that the FSUIPC downloaded with my purchase of FS Instant Approach was v4.09. I downloaded the latest from your site, which was v4.865, installed same and hey presto it worked. Nice to know you can still get prompt helpful assistance from someone.
Post #10825
Posted Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:42:20 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi John:

Glad to help.

Can you tell me from where you got the copy of FSUIPC v 4.09?

It is not supplied by us with FSIA or FSIA PRO - did you get it from the shop (which one?) or somewhere else?

Post #10826
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:19am