Dropping out of sky, wont follow the ILS and ignores speed

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Dropping out of sky, wont follow the ILS and... Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:43:04 PM
Hi there. I purchased the registered version of FSIA some time ago, and have really never been able to get this to work. Firstly to discount any complex addons, I used just the A320 and the 73. If I follow thee manual, out of the box, the aircraft does get positioned where you tell it to, but it justs looses altitude and flys under the glideslope untill it crashes. Nav 1 correct freq. Engines running. So to my questions:

Does any of the following need to be enabled BEFORE you press connect:

A320:

ILS, FD, LOC,A/T, APR

737:

VOR, LOC, APP

I understand A/P and A/T are not required. I have regd FSUIPC 4.82 Win 7 and usually fly the PMDG 737NGX without issue (Not using FSIA)

To add insult to injury, I uninstalled the non pro FSIA which I bought, to see if a reinstall would fix it and now cant I download the non pro version any more (Didnt have the original program backed up), so my key wont work with the latest pro version.

Any advise would be welcome as I have just spent the best part of a day trying to get this to work.

Many thanks, Chris, Perth, Western Australia
Post #10819
Posted Monday, April 01, 2013 7:56:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi Chris:

Thanks for trying FSIA.

I think the key point here is that it is entirely up to your preference as to whether the AP or other options are set. FSIA allows you to choose ILS runways and to automatically set the OBS (course) and NAV1 frequency, but there is nothing about the program that expects the pilot to fly with ILS, or not, nor with AP or not.

Dozens of pilots use it with these and dozens do not.

If nothing is pre-set then you are simply placed in the position you requested and it is up to you to fly the approach.

You can download FSIA from here...

http://www.fsinventions.com/download/FS_Instant_Approach_Setup.exe

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10822
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:10pm