FSUIPC

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSUIPC Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:49:23 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, June 03, 2013 4:33:14 AM
Hi, Having a bit of trouble with FS Instant Approach. I recently purchased same, paid for and downloaded it to my computer.
Trying to install program to my computer failed with the message "IPC Request contains bad data" I then started my 'Regwork' problem sorting program. Then I was then able to instal FS Instant Approach. I ran my FSX program, clicked on tab FSUIPC, inserted all four license keys and the pane changed from 'demo mode' to 'v4.09'. Since then, everytime I click on FSUIPC I am informed that I will not get full benefits & options as it has to be registered using a 12 letter key. I have four 8 letter keys and one 20 letter key. Why do I need a 12 letter key to register a program I have already registered?
Hope you can put me out of my misery. ThankstxtPost_CommentEmoticon('');
Post #10788
Posted Friday, March 22, 2013 3:31:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi John:

Sorry to hear about the trouble - I think I can start the untangling process and get you up and flying with us...

There are 3 different components here:

FSX - your trusty flight simulator

FSIA - FS Instant Approach by FSInventions (us)

FSUIPC - a link between the two above - this is free and requires no registration at all

If you entered 4 codes and the program changed from demo to 'not demo' mode, then you registered our program - FSIA, not FSUIPC.

FSUIPC asks for a 12 digit code when you install it - but this is to be left blank - you just press cancel - you never need to register it.

You also never need to click on the FSUIPC menu item on the add-ons menu of FSX. Just leave it alone - you do not need to use it. Once installed (which it is on your PC) it runs in the background and does all it needs to do for us and FSX and FSIA.

So... having established that... are you now still having errors or problems?

A common mistake is not launching the programs in the correct sequence or not running FSIA as an administrator.

Make sure you are in a plane in FSX before you launch the FSIA program from Windows. Only then launch it and set up your approach and press CONNECT.

You always need to run FSIA as an administrator.

Also - FSUIPC must be version 4.8 or higher. If not then download it and install it.

This is all described in detail in the manual which is installed on your PC when you install FSIA.

Please let me know how you get on.

Footnote - FSUIPC is a great program and 1000s of flight simulator pilots around the world love it - it is worth looking at the features which are made available when it is registered with a paid key. We do not benefit from sales of FSUIPC.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10789
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:37pm