error message

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

error message Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:03:26 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 24, 2012 4:29:05 AM
After doing the install and reading through some post about how fix a DLL file in the wrong place. I finally get the program to open up. I followed the instructions with having a plane on the ground went back to fsfsp to connect. I started off in the plane waiting to see if the instructor would start talking, nothing happened. When I went back to check flightschool pro and it would give me a ERROR: 75 message Every time. The program registered fine with no issues. ugh. Any ideas what's going on?
Post #10088
Posted Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:07:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Les:

OK - fact gathering...

1. This is the FS Instant Help forum - are you using that product at all?

2. The error occurs only with FSFS Pro - is that correct? At what point does it occur?

3. Have you ever had FSFS Pro working on that PC?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10089
Posted Friday, October 26, 2012 4:21:01 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, October 26, 2012 5:02:31 PM
Beginner here and I get Error Message 75 as well. I am using FSX and FSFS but when I click on "Run as Administrator" it will not launch. My aircraft sits there burning up fuel and we wait. If I take off, FSFS does not operate. Very disappointing!
Post #10307
Posted Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:49:11 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

I'm happy to help - I need some more data.

>> Beginner here and I get Error Message 75 as well.

At what point? What action immediately precedes this?

>> I am using FSX and FSFS but when I click on "Run as Administrator" it will not launch.

What exactly happens when you attempt to launch the program?

>> My aircraft sits there burning up fuel and we wait.

If the program has not launched, then it will not do anything. A program which is not running will not do anything.

>> If I take off, FSFS does not operate. Very disappointing

As I mentioned, if the program has not launched, then it will not do anything. A program which is not running will not do anything.

Looking forward to your answers!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10308
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 9:54:21 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:01:49 PM
OK, I'm having the same problem: Error 75. I have tried using Run as Administrator ( is this required every time?)

After I've filed a flight plan within FSX and am sitting in the cockpit, I try to run FSFS. When I go back to FSX there is no instructor, no advice. On my latest flight there weren't even any ATC sounds, just a lowered volume of engine sound when ATC was transmitting. When I go back out of FSX the Error 75 dialog is waiting for me, every time. I'm new to FSFS so I assume I'm overlooking some important step and would appreciate any help I can get. Feel free to ask for data I may not have provided.
Thanks,
Jeff
Post #10570
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 10:15:41 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

More specifically, the error occurs after I attempt to connect FSFS to FSX. In addition, in my Settings window, under FSUIPC Status I get the following error: "Can't connect - IPC request contains bad data." I'm attempting to use version 4.853.
Post #10572
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 10:32:25 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Another observation: When I run as administrator the program goes into demo mode. I'm starting to think FSFS is more trouble than it's worth. Please help me change my mind!
~Jeff
Post #10573
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 11:09:59 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Sorry to hear you are having these troubles.

We provide a free demo of all our products so that folks can be sure that they work to their complete satisfaction before purchase.

Running as Administrator should be used if a problem occurs and you can indicate this in the properties of the icon/shortcut which launches FSFS - right click and edit the properties. This is not the same as merely being the administrator - you need to indicate to "run as administrator".

As to demo mode - the product is in demo mode until the registration data is entered and saved.

If the error occurs as you describe then certainly, FSFS will do nothing.

If FSUIPC cannot even connect, then there is another problem which is in addition to the error (which is a file access error).

"I'm starting to think FSFS is more trouble than it's worth."

We're installed on 1000s of PCs all over the world and have 4 Classic Product Awards from PC Pilot Magazine. Our product works fine, but as you will imagine, all PCs are different.

The looks like a Windows security issue.

Windows security has become so tight that in order for FSFS to function correctly it is necessary that:
- The same user installed FSX and FSFS and FSUIPC.
- That same user is running FSX and FSFS.
- That user is an administrator on that PC.
- It may also be necessary to edit the properties of the shortcut that launches FSFlyingSchool and choose "Run as Administrator" in order to avoid problems with Windows Security.

Can you confirm the above 4 points for your PC?

Post #10576
Posted Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:44:27 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for your help. Confirming all 4 points. I found that merely clicking "run as administrator" after right clicking the FSFS icon didn't do the job. By clicking on Properties, then Run As Administrator, then reentering my registration data to offset a new demo mode, I was able to have a successful flight with the instructor. No error 75.
Post #10582
Posted Sunday, January 27, 2013 3:50:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Jeff:

Excellent result! I hope you enjoy your flights!

Post #10583
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:25pm