Voice Pack

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Voice Pack Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:29:55 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:23:33 PM
Hi,

love the package so far and really love voice pack, its so handy...but if I had a wish for you next update to it it would be for me to ask the freq of a vor or ndb etc

its really annoying when you fly in a strange place and have no maps, the only thing you can do is to stop and look at map, or get a addon that you still have to click on to get the freq you want. would be great if you could just say whats the freq for xxxx and you got a voice back with the info allowing you to continue flying.

don't know how hard it would be to do it, but i dont know of any software that will do this on the market.

all the best

Mhazy

Post #10270
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:39:54 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi MHazy:

Thanks for your kind words about FSFS for P3D and for your comments!

This is a nice feature and indeed we have been looking at something like this whereby the pilot can call off the phonetic alphabet's description of a VOR, NDB or even an ICAO code for an airport and get information about it. With a little extra work, the instructor could even figure out what you mean by "One Six Left" and give the ILS for that runway, so long as he/she also take the time to make clear which airport they are referring to!

Some folks would say this enters the world of the instructor acting a little like a copilot, and indeed this is true. Some of the features already in the Voice Pack are already within this domain.

And I know what you mean about maps. If you have one to hand, printed, and up there with you in the 'cockpit', then it's very much as it would be in the real world. I imagine the purist would say "Just make sure you have your maps with you!"

But in reality, this is a hobby, and we could all use a little help, especially as we may just want to get in a little flying "before dinner" or "before bedtime"!

So... thanks for your comments. We are looking at this and will of course let everyone know of any progress made here and in our e-mailers.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10271
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:58pm