FSFlyingSchool.exe Deletes From Directory After Running with FSX (Win7 Pro)

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFlyingSchool.exe Deletes From Directory... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2012 11:56:13 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 29, 2017 11:08:32 AM
I recently purchased FSFS Pro and installed it in my E:/ drive (where I had previously installed the 9, 10, and 11 versions, which had worked fine). I removed the old versions, and installed with administrator privileges (and, after installation, checked "Run as administrator" in the "Properties" of the Shortcut). I've activated the Detail Packs Voice, Mooney, Cessna152, and Apprch. Everything works fine with FSX for one session, but, after I shut the session down and try to fly again using FSFS, the program file (FSFlyingSchool.exe) has been deleted from the FSFlyingSchool directory. As far as I can tell, every other file in the directory remains unchanged. I reinstall the program and the registration of the Program and all of the Detail Packs is still listed on the Credits page. I've tried uninstalling the program. deleting the FSFS directory, and reinstalling. I then have to re-register everything, and it still works one time and deletes the .exe program file. I have not yet tried installing to the default C:/ drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim
Post #10033
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2012 4:52:32 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 29, 2017 11:08:32 AM
All I had to do was complain, and the problem is cured. I reinstalled the program after I wrote the message describing my problem, and now everything is working fine. I shut everything down, and no problem. Thanks for providing a place to unload anyway.

Jim
Post #10034
Posted Sunday, August 05, 2012 11:30:46 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi -

A very strange puzzle indeed. There is certainly nothing in our software that would make it delete the program itself!

Glad to hear you are up and flying with FSFS.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10035
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:37pm