FS Instant Approach - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««1234»»»

FS Instant Approach - Frequently Asked... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:53:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Eric:

Glad you like FSFS Pro!

It has all the functions of FSIA except that you cannot set wind "relative to the aircraft". You can set it in degrees of course. I am sure we will find a way to add this feature - no date established yet.

Hmmm - see what you mean about the alias. I chose "SquadronLeader" because I've always wanted to be one.

But I'm just plain Jeff Preston - publisher, lead developer and lots and lots of other things for FSInventions.

John and I came up with the idea of FSFS back in 2005 and published in 2006 and we've both been working on it since.

We started with FS2004, added FSX, then X-Plane 9, X-Plane 10 and now are working on Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D.

Each year we have added a set of features, mainly to the Flight Simulator version, and published a new version - usually around the Christmas Holidays.

We also publish free updates during the year, which add significant features, so folks get a little extra for their money.

FS Instant Approach has been very enthusiastically received by the FS community - many folks have said things like "Where have you been all my life?" and similar, kind words.

That's the short history of FSInventions!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9607
Posted Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:23:22 AM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:16:10 AM
SquadronLeader (4/12/2012)

It has all the functions of FSIA except that you cannot set wind "relative to the aircraft". You can set it in degrees of course. I am sure we will find a way to add this feature - no date established yet.

Hmmm - see what you mean about the alias. I chose "SquadronLeader" because I've always wanted to be one.

Hi Jeff,

Personally I would not make an issue out of the 'relative wind'. I hope that people who do FlyingSchool also finished primary school and know how to deduct and add.

The 'forum alias' can of course be elegantly solved by keeping the alias and putting your name in your signature. I am talking in general of course.

I will keep you posted on any questions or suggestions that I might have, using FSFS.

I already have one, but to avoid going totally off-topic now I will make a new post in the appropriate forum.
Post #9609
Posted Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:43:43 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi -

Looking forward to your suggestions!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9610
Posted Sunday, July 29, 2012 1:21:55 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, July 29, 2012 1:13:20 PM
HI There  can you help me find the link to FS Approch up date from 1.4 to the latest I  run win 7 64 bit. Thanks from BobbyJ

Captain Bob
Post #9994
Posted Monday, July 30, 2012 2:26:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Whenever there is a new version of a product, which is free to registered owners of the same product...

Just download the latest demo version of the same product and install in the same folder as your existing registered version.

This will mean that the newly installed product will use the registration data which was already in place in that folder.

Note that this can be done with FS Instant Approach, FSFlyingSchool PRO and FS Instant Help.

FS Instant Approach Demo
http://www.fsinventions.com/download/FS_Instant_Approach_Setup.exe

FSFS Pro Demo
http://www.fsflyingschool.com/download/FSFlyingSchool_Pro_Setup.exe

FS Instant Help Demo
http://www.fsinventions.com/download/FS_Instant_Help_Setup.exe

This cannot be done with FSFlyingSchool 2011 or FSFlyingSchool 2010 as they are different products and require a purchased upgrade.

If you own FSFlyingSchool 2011 or FSFlyingSchool 2010 and would like to try out the latest free version of the FSFlyingSchool PRO demo, you should download and install it in a new folder.

Post #9995
Posted Friday, April 05, 2013 10:26:15 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Saturday, July 06, 2013 10:10:11 AM
I am another "old" FS enthusiast since FS2 on a PC Jr in 1984.  Have been out for a while and am getting back in to FSX and X-Plane.  Just purchased a new system and will be betting FS Instant Approach this weekend.  Looks like a great program and something I will really enjoy.

Thanks,  Howard

Howard Bloom

Post #10829
Posted Friday, April 05, 2013 11:03:06 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Howard:

I hope you have fun with FSIA or with FSIA PRO if you choose that - it has a lot more features and you can try them both for as long as you wish with their free demo versions of course.

Post #10831
Posted Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:50:16 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, July 29, 2016 1:14:55 AM
Hi

Its been over a year since the question was asked if FS Instant Approach was going to be released for X-Plane. Is this ever likely to happen?

Regards
Rick
Post #10833
Posted Sunday, April 07, 2013 4:56:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Rick:

We certainly want to publish FSIA PRO for X-Plane 10 and up, but do not have a publication date at present. We have continued to work on XP and of course published the "multiple planes" version at the end of last year.

In direct answer to your question - yes - FSIA PRO for X-Plane 10 and up is likely to happen and we want it to happen as soon as possible so that... we can start selling it!

Post #10839
Posted Friday, April 12, 2013 1:13:09 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, July 29, 2016 1:14:55 AM
Great thanks. I'll keep getting your emails then and wait for it to happen. Hope its soon.
Post #10848
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««1234»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:13am