FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Sydney to Singapore Sweet & Sour Tour Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, December 06, 2009 4:34:18 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM

-Sydney  to  Singapore  Sweet  &  Sour  Tour

Phase 1 Score Summary

Biggles                                                         

Landing                                     84.71                                              

Flight                                          99.23

Overall Avg.                              91.97

Dunny Trophy                            11.2 ft

JoeMini                                            

Landing                                     87.47          

Flight                                          95.32          

Overall Avg.                              91.40

Dunny Trophy                            17.2 ft

Ronan                                      Leg 21         Late starter   

Landing                                                                     

Flight                                         

Overall Avg.

Dunny Trophy

Joseph                                     Gone walkabout?              

Landing                                                                     

Flight                                         

Overall Avg.

Dunny Trophy

Fenric                                                    

Landing                                       84.48                                 

Flight                                         102.00

Overall Avg.                                93.24

Dunny Trophy                               12.8 ft

Big Moose                                       

Landing                                     62.79                                              

Flight                                          97.44

Overall Avg.                              80.11

Dunny Trophy                              18 ft     

The Dunny Trophy is awarded to the aviator with the best spot landing calculated from the average of the best five spot distances.

Post #6243
Posted Monday, December 07, 2009 3:43:44 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Phase 1 deadline looms
Post #6259
Posted Monday, December 07, 2009 8:42:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, October 24, 2021 5:23:00 AM
Bruce E (12/7/2009)
Phase 1 deadline looms

I think late finishers should get at least 20' added to their spot landing score average to ensure I am not last!

When does Phase 2 start? Event though FSFS2010 does not have the FS2004 Scout in the hanger I will be flying it as a challenge for my very limited taildragger skills. Foxhat is threatening to abscond unless I get some serious practice in before the start and can demostrate a landing without provoking Mr Smith.

Big Moose

Post #6270
Posted Monday, December 07, 2009 9:47:52 AM

mph64 (12/7/2009)
Bruce E (12/7/2009)
Phase 1 deadline looms

I think late finishers should get at least 20' added to their spot landing score average to ensure I am not last!

When does Phase 2 start? Event though FSFS2010 does not have the FS2004 Scout in the hanger I will be flying it as a challenge for my very limited taildragger skills. Foxhat is threatening to abscond unless I get some serious practice in before the start and can demostrate a landing without provoking Mr Smith.

.Hi Big Moose

Extract form the rules re dates [always remeber that rulkes are for the guidance of wise men & the obedience of fools]

FSFlyingSchool (FSFS) “Sydney to Singapore Sweet & Sour Tour”

3) Tour dates

Phase 1.                                                                                                                    Sydney, Australia to Daru, Papua New Guinea.  

Start.   1 November 2009                             Finish.     12 December 2009

ALL a/c grounded over the period of the Christmas festivities

13 December to 31 December

Phase 2                                                                                                                                 Kupang, Indonesia to Tengah, Singapore.   

Start.   1 January 2010                                 Finish.     11 February 2010

Tip of the Day :  Scout -- Aim to be at =<80 kts on base leg & 65knots on finals, 60 kts over the fence, power off, slowly pulling stick back into your belly

(well it depends how big your beylly is!) touch down in the 3 point position 1kt  above the stall

Whenever I come back to the Scout & find I mess things up it is nearly always down to too high a speed on the final approach. Good luck

Thats my Scout in case we should "bump" into each other

Right now I'm doing a bit extra giving the thrill seekers  a thrill!

Post #6272
Posted Monday, December 07, 2009 11:36:44 PM

Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
Biggles,

I wish it were a friend.  "Director on the warpath," would be more like it.  Eh, it's a living with no ditches having to be dug.

I see you've got the natives practicing perfect posture.  Well played, mate!

Big Moose,

Looks like I can't tell a 13 from an 19.  Which would be real trouble at certain airports....  The group can feel free to demerit me some Dunny points for nothing more than me being an idiot.  ('Course that'd be a constant....)

Anyone,

So now that I know how "the spot on the ground" is calculated, what part of the aircraft at landing is used to calculate the distance from the landing spot?  The "most forward" portion, "most rearward," "first wheel down," etc?  

I'm mostly curious to see if on phase II if I can consistantly get scores that are less than the length of my aircraft.....

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #6283
Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:18:30 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Fenric (12/7/2009)
Biggles,

I wish it were a friend.  "Director on the warpath," would be more like it.  Eh, it's a living with no ditches having to be dug.

Big Moose,

I think your position is safe; it looks doubtful that I'll crack the sub-19' mark.  I think my lowest scores were mere flukes

Anyone,

So now that I know how "the spot on the ground" is calculated, what part of the aircraft at landing is used to calculate the distance from the landing spot?  The "most forward" portion, "most rearward," "first wheel down," etc?  

I'm mostly curious to see if on phase II if I can consistantly get scores that are less than the length of my aircraft.....

Fenric.

The easiest way to spot the spotmark is this:

Go to the runway in question (Stay in the exact position where you just made your custom landingpoint)

Then switch to top-down view. (Press "S" until outside view, then  "A" until you get top-down view. Look at the red X on top of the plane.

Now start zooming in... (press the "-" (minus) key repeateadly)

Eventually you will zoom right through your aircraft (looks funny), and look at the runway. The red X will follow you all the way, and on this last pic you can only see the wheels (if you look closely) The red cross is the exact landingspot, and you can see from the wheels where you need to bump down.

Hope this will help you...

Good luck on the future landingspot-landings.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6284
Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 4:44:52 AM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, June 07, 2010 10:56:57 AM
Thank you for the Landing Tip there Ole, Now I will be able to increase my laning scores. Great Pics too!!!!

Garrick Pattenden, P.I.

Stealth Investigations Canada

Post #6285
Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 8:02:24 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, October 24, 2021 5:23:00 AM
Biggles,

Thanks for "Tip of the Day". I am practising with the Scout at my local drop-in centre(aka Liverpool, EGGP). Smithy has now jumped ship, accused me of sleeping on duty!!

"Ignore Crashes" comes to the rescue!

Cheers

Big Moose

Post #6286
Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:05:04 AM

mph64 (12/8/2009)
Biggles,

Thanks for "Tip of the Day". I am practising with the Scout at my local drop-in centre(aka Liverpool, EGGP). Smithy has now jumped ship, accused me of sleeping on duty!!

"Ignore Crashes" comes to the rescue!

Cheers

Now I wouldn't have expected such bully tactics from EasyJet. Are you using fsfs2010 with a/c awareness? if so I bet Smithy was going ballistic

Biggles

Post #6290
Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:08:08 AM

Fenric (12/7/2009)
Biggles,

Big Moose,

I think your position is safe; it looks doubtful that I'll crack the sub-19' mark.  I think my lowest scores were mere flukes.

Anyone,

Hi Big Moose

To answer your question -------it depends where the dunny chute exits the a/c

BNiggles

Post #6291
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:31pm