Target scores for several aircrafts

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Target scores for several aircrafts Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:57:22 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
I have made up a new target score system.

This time its based on every score on the highscore list on FSFS site. Both Flight- and landing scores.

Now, the thing is that the old system was built on the top ten scores of every aircraft (flight and landing - 20 scores in all) and this was the base of the target score. BUT this is not fair. I see some amazing scores here and there, made by - non average users, and those would be pumping up the target score for that specific aircraft.

SO - this time I took every score posted on the website, flight and landing, for a plane, then took out the 10% highest scores, to rake out the experts, and then took off 25% of the lowest scores, to rake out the ones submitting scores no matter how low they are. So what we are left with is a total of 65% of the "middle" scores, done by the average pilot.

This is the same for all aircraft so its fair. Of course the C172 had almost a thousand scores to consider, after taking out the 35%, and the Piper Cherokee have only about 70, but still it represents the 65% fairly middle scores, so its alright.

And this gives quite a different picture than the "old" targetscore system.

Here are the target scores for some aircraft. I can make more, as I have a spreadsheet of all scores to work from.

Cessna172----------------------------89,88
A C Scout------------------------------95,41
Piper Cherokee 180F-----------------94,66
SIAI Marchetti SF260-----------------85,22
Boeing 737---------------------------127,93
Boeing 747---------------------------134,43

So in the next tour we can consider using the target system again, as this will be a round the world tour (WWT-2) with plenty of room for heavy iron - or small planes with more stops - you pick.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5908
Posted Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:33:36 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
I have this picture in my mind of Ole with an old calculator pushing out paper like a mad man....

Excellent work Ole!

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #5938
Posted Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:19:20 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JoeMini (11/21/2009)
I have this picture in my mind of Ole with an old calculator pushing out paper like a mad man....

Excellent work Ole!

- and that was just how it was Joe. Miles and miles of paperrolls on the floor...

No not quite. The fine guys at FSInventions (developers of FSFlyingSchool) were kind enough to let me have a spreadsheet of the entire highscore list, so I simply used the spreadsheets calculation functions to do the math. A lot of sorting, cutting, and pasting, as well of simple cell programming, and Voilá - the numbers popped right up in my eyes.

Thank you for the nice words Joe.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5940
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:45pm