S + S Tour Official Target Scores

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

S + S Tour Official Target Scores Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:15:12 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM

Gentlemen your long overdue Target Scores

Piper Cherokee 180f       98.41

C172                                113.55

Scout                               102.51

I will publish the "corrected" score as each person finishes Phase 1 (due for completion by 12 December ish)

#################################################

Don't forget Phase 2           Indonesia to Singapore

Start.   1 January 2010    ish                             Finish.     11 February 2010   ish

End of tour dinner party, menu available.

1373 East Coast Road, Bedok Corner, Singapore

DO NOT BE LATE!

Kev

Post #5839
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:27:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

.Ohhh bugger,  Kev has found the Christmas supplies!

+++EXTRA EXTRA+++       +++EXTRA EXTRA+++       +++EXTRA EXTRA+++       +++EXTRA EXTRA+++     

NEW TARGET SCORES

As you have probably discovered when doing a quick maths check on the effect of the Target Scores(TS) I published against your current overall scores, a TS of 100 neither advantages nor disadvantages the Overall Score. While a TS of >100 reduces the overall score & <100 increases the overall score. Eg C172 uses could take -2.00 hit.

As all participants are flying single engined light a/c I did not consider the TS system fare in this particular instance. The intention of the TS was to even out inflated high score when larger a/c were used in a tour. This is not the case in the Sweet & Sour Tour. Were there a greater mix of a/c then the TS system would be applicable.

Following discussion with the author/originator of the “Tour Rules” and the Target Score system (Ole) I have decided to issue a Target Score of 100 to ALL aviators so long as they continue to fly single engined light a/c in current use.

Therefore your final Overall Score is your final score.

Any objectors to this decision can discuss it with Kev at the back of the dunny shed tomorrow morning after breakfast

Biggles

Post #5896
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:55:16 AM

Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
Must... resist... urge... to fly... 747... to Cairns.........

(Hey Innisfail lorries, who's the big boy now??)

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5897
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:36:03 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Resist all you want, or dont. But as Bruce said, if you fly anything but a single engine small plane, the target score system WILL take effect, and the target score for the 747 is - 134,4, so an average of 134,4 will give you 100 as final score. so everything below that will cause you to hit the dumps.

And this is the official target score for the 747 based on all the scores on the highscorelist.

More targetscores will follow, BUT the target score for the single engine small planes for this tour is still 100!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5902
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:20:28 PM

So what if I fly a 747 using just 1 engine....

(Please don't think I'm serious.)

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5903
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:50:32 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Fenric (11/19/2009)
So what if I fly a 747using just1 engine....

(Please don't think I'm serious.)

Boy you are good! I will make you a take-it-or-leave-it offer on that matter. IF you fly on one engine in a 747, I will personal kick Bruce until he accepts to carve off three point from the target score. (One for each engine you leave off)

But hey - you might get Smith to give you a lot of additional points if flying on one engine, so all in all, you might be able to gain something there.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5904
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:48:59 PM

Let's see... no passengers, crew of two, Smitty looks to be 170 lbs, we'd only need 5-10% fuel -- rough guess, that's only 450K lbs.  I'm sure that grass strip can manage....

If I can get 'er into the air, I can put her back down.  (Hopefully in one piece.)

This could lead to a whole new series of callouts for the instructors when entering takeoff mode:

• "You've got to be kidding."
  • "Lemme out of here." [Sound of door slamming]
  • "ARE YOU INSANE?!?"

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #5911
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:06:21 PM

Did you ever catch the video of a South African Airways 747 doing a display at Duxford a few years ago?

If I had not persanally seen it I would not have believed it. He did everything except loop & barrel roll. Incredibly he turn a full 360 very nearly within the confines of the airfield  -- But don't think he tried 1 engine.

Biggles

Post #5912
Posted Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:27:39 PM

To the families, residents, and visitors of the housing complexes at the end of runway 14, Innisfail Field.

I'm sorry.  I'm so, so sorry.

Today must have seemed to you like a bad scene from the movie, Groundhog Day.  There you were sitting on your veranda... doing your homework...  washing your automobile...  carrying on with your lives...  when suddenly the sound of a 747 jumbo jet - albeit one with a single engine - filled the aether coming closer, closer, closer...  growing louder, straining, urgent, deafening.  Until your lives were most dreadfully impacted.

And then it happened again.  And again.  And again.  Some of you must have thought the terror would never end.

Sure, the winds changed direction at times - gusting up the runway, down the runway, and sometimes there was no wind at all.  Those of you who watched, transfixed as the lumbering horror approached, noticed those little flappy things on the back of the wings were sometimes more flappier than others.  Sometimes there were no flappy things at all.

None of it made any difference whatsoever.  Reset.  Repeat.  Boom.

I, sitting in the command seat every time, would like for you to know that I share your pain.  ("Share," "Caused" - trifling legal differences to be sure that are now behind us.)  There were times when I thought I saw a glimpse of someone's face, silently mouthing the words, "Oh no, not again" just as every one of us experienced that terrible silence again.

And there are those who would argue, "You could have lifted off if you had only used two engines, you dolt."  True though that is, two engines simply weren't part of The Plan.  You see, single means "one."

That's your lesson for today.  (Single means "one.")   Rest assured; your long, twilight nightmare is over.  Team Fenric is bound for Cairns.

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #5939
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:50am