The SYDNEY TO SINGAPORE SWEET & SOUR TOUR starts Friday 16 October

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The SYDNEY TO SINGAPORE SWEET & SOUR TOUR... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:24:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM

G’Day all you FSFlyingSchool Aviators.

Had a call from that pommie bastard, Biggles saying you’re  starting the Sydney  to  Singapore  Sweet  &  Sour  Tour

tomorrow, Friday 16 October.

Well no worries mate I’ve got the tinnies on ice and the barbie is ready. Australia salutes you mad buggers.

Your mate,

Kevin

Post #5336
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:54:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Piper Cherokee is just finishing it 100 hour annual maintenance.  Pushing it out of the hanger and putting a new coat of wax.  Joe Mini is looking confident and has a small swagger in his steps about this tour.  Apparently he's convinced that he WILL NOT produce a single zero score.

Looking forward to seeing the eastern side of Australia.

Nice job promoting the S&S tour Biggles.

Good Luck fellow Pilots.....you too Ole!

Aviator JoeMini

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #5338
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:06:22 AM

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Hi Joe

Thank you kind Sir for those kind words.  That doesn't mean I won't be cutting you up on the taxiway mate 

"Yes H. I'm calm -- no worries" H. standing at the bar looking concerned.

"Come on H. Havn't you got that Guinness yet?"

Biggles

PS: For those new to the tour, Big Moose & Fenric, H. is Henrietta otherwise known as Miss Aviatrix from the stable of FSFlyingSchool intructors

Post #5339
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:28:26 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
Yipeeeeeeeee

Ok well  12 01 am tommorow it is then if i can stay sober for that long that is. It semes like ages ago since i did my first toure.  Good luck to all the pilots and a warm welcome to the new ones. Break a leg.

Joseph

Post #5340
Posted Friday, October 16, 2009 4:33:29 PM

Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
Since I'm still fairly new to FS^2-2K9 and not entirely confident in getting Smitty and Aussie ATC on the same page, I decided to use my immense personal charm - not to mention family connections - and rang up an old friend Gina Elizabeth for advice and she jumped at the chance to decree that all non-S&S Tour GA aircraft within 200 nautical miles of me within her domain should remain on the ground and hidden in hangers.  We thought that best for everyone's safety.  Furthermore, her boffins from somewhere called "Q Division" fitted my trusty Skyhawk ("Ye Olde Pothole Digger") with a special device rendering me neigh invisible to all ATC in the southern hemisphere.  Crafty....

This way, I assume that I can do my preflight check, check the current winds at my next destination, then file my daily flight plan with Smitty leaving my landing runway selection to the last possible moment.  No muss, no fuss, no controllers telling me which runway I can land upon.

I started my last day in the States with an unusually verbose Smitty doing pseudo-circuits at KORD.  To hear that man drone on and on about flaps, stalls speeds, and engine RPM you'd think he'd have something to say about the half-dozen near misses we experienced with various jumbo jets.  But no, Smitty seemed incredibly focused on various aerodynamic minutiae such as the best bank angle to assume in a C172.  He seems determined to earn his pay; maybe that O'Hare coffee he brags about is really expensive.

I've boarded the windows, slopped the hogs, and fed the chickens.  Tomorrow me and the missus will hop into our trusty Starfleet MK I transporter and say, "Hello Sidney!"  (If Tony Randall answers back, all bets are off.)

--Fenric

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5366
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:35:10 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Fenric.

I look forward to seing your flights in the down-under area. Good luck to you. and keep you the humour. I love it.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5373
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:00pm