FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

saitek yoke. help Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:42:21 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
Hello,

am having problems with saitex yoke. The stearing on takeoff is all over the place. I dont have pedals and i use auto rudder. It as happed before and i reset config ctrl +shift at start up. I just done it again but this time its not cured the problem. Any ideas on what i can do.

Joseph

Post #5039
Posted Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:52:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Sorry Joseph  Don't use the yoke myself so I have no idea. Have you checked their support forum http://www.saitekforum.com/index.php

Biggles

Post #5044
Posted Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:40:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
When you are flying with the yoke, does it feel correct?

I am trying to understand if the problem is inherent in the yoke and its config or if the problem is more related to the yoke only during taxiing?

Also - Ole has one - he might have some ideas...?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5063
Posted Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:11:53 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

hI

Thanks for your reply. The problem seems to be when i am taking off. Taxi and in flight feels and seems to be ok. When i am taking off the aircraft is all over the place. Sometimes pulling to the left and then the right. Auto rudder is enabled i dont have pedals. Its really frustrating last night spent all the night trying to correct the fault. I looked on saitex forum but no answer.

Thanks

pilot Joseph

Post #5067
Posted Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:48:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JOSEPH767UK (9/17/2009)
hI

Thanks for your reply. The problem seems to be when i am taking off. Taxi and in flight feels and seems to be ok. When i am taking off the aircraft is all over the place. Sometimes pulling to the left and then the right. Auto rudder is enabled i dont have pedals. Its really frustrating last night spent all the night trying to correct the fault. I looked on saitex forum but no answer.

Thanks

pilot Joseph

Hi Joseph.

Sorry I have been so long, but I have been thinking of what to write.....

Thing is I have never used the yoke without pedals. I have a friend who have a CH yoke and used without pedals, He mapped the rudder function to one of the levers beside the throttle lever.

The problem with using autorudder is that it only works on the - well the rudder, and not on the nosewheel, but the pedals, and mapping the rudderfunction to something, includes both rudder and nosewheel. So this way you can use it to control the plane on the ground. In air the nosewheel is indifferent and thats why you dont have problems here. I dont know how you taxi around without nosewheel function, but maybe its to do with the low speed, I dont know, but later, I shall try to use yoke and no pedals and see what I get.

But try out the mapping of rudderfunction to a lever, my friend said it was real easy to control the plane with it. But you should really really consider getting yourself a set of pedals. In my X-52 HOTAS I have a twist function for rudder, but in the yoke pedals are a must.

Try it out and let me know, so we can try different things if its no good.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5068
Posted Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:25:53 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Ole,

thanks for that. I have got 3 levers the black one i use for throttle, blue prop pitch, red mixture. I will experiment to use the rudder with the blue, prop pitch and see what happens. Been thinking about rudder pedals for a while now. What put me off was a review on youtube. It said they are not very secure and move about a lot on the floor. Also that you could only use with shoes on. My wife always makes me take our shoes off in the house. A wonder if there is a maping for auto prop on/off so i can revert back to prop pitch when in flight. So you recomend the pedals ole. This hobby i never seem to stop spending me money.

Joseph

Post #5071
Posted Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:05:42 AM

JOSEPH767UK (9/17/2009)
Hi Ole,

thanks for that. I have got 3 levers the black one i use for throttle, blue prop pitch, red mixture. I will experiment to use the rudder with the blue, prop pitch and see what happens. Been thinking about rudder pedals for a while now. What put me off was a review on youtube. It said they are not very secure and move about a lot on the floor. Also that you could only use with shoes on. My wife always makes me take our shoes off in the house. A wonder if there is a maping for auto prop on/off so i can revert back to prop pitch when in flight. So you recomend the pedals ole. This hobby i never seem to stop spending me money.

Joseph

Joseph.

Its true that the pedal set moves around, but there are two hm... plastic things, included that you can screw to a wood-plate or anything that makes it stable. then it works fine and stands still.

I use the pedals in my socks (and clothes too, just for the record ) and its absolutely no problem.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5072
Posted Friday, September 18, 2009 2:32:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
I may be missing something here, but whenever I use auto-rudder [ON] during testing, where I often find myself at odd PCs with no controller at all (I am using the keys), I find that auto-rudder does control the nose wheel in addition to the rudder.

It is massively over sensitive and one tap of the keyboard will have the plane taxiing wildly to the left or right, but with practice it can be done.

But, I have no experience of doing all that, with a yoke with no pedals.

It sounds like Joseph is getting the same effect, that is, flies fine, but steering massively over sensitive.

Can this be adjusted in the FS config screens...?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5083
Posted Friday, September 18, 2009 8:47:40 AM

Joseph.

I have been misled! Im very sorry. My answer was based on third party observations, as I said.

My friend told me what happened and we came up with the lever-solution.

Testing certainly shows that SL is right. The nosewheel seem to move along with the autorudder.

Luckily the lever-solution still works fine, even though the premises were wrong. So go ahead still.

My friend has long since gotten pedals, so even though it worked for him, he still chose the real thing.

But Joseph. I cannot duplicate your problems using the Saitek yoke without pedals, and default settings. My planes move nicely on ground as well as in air. Perhaps you have a settings problem or a hardware problem God forbid. Have you tampered with the settings for the yoke in FS?

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5092
Posted Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:00:23 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

My freinds thanks again,

ok i have found a answer. I have now connected a sidewinder joystick have only maped the twist and button 2 center, 3 and 4 for trim for the rudder. I have turned auto rudder off and now not only can i taxi and take off i am getting rudder control when in flight and it is brilliant. When flying with something like a 40 degree bank i am getting the affect of rudder control. Ole you are right i need to get pedals and when i can i will do so.

Thanks again

Joseph

Post #5096
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:00am