FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Sydney to Singapore Tour - Airport Charts Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 01, 2009 10:27:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
All S&S Tour pilots wishing to start a bit of flight planning may like to make use of the Airport Departure & Approach Charts which are freely available to all tour pilots from Australian Airspace Services.

Download link:

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/dap/AeroProcChartsTOC.htm

Applicants wishing to buy Biggles a Guinness in appreciation of this service that he, at great expense, has negotiated for his fellow avaitors are free to do so.

I am anticipating arriving at Kingsford Smith Intl, Sydney on 25 October and can be found in the members bar each evening.

Biggles

Post #4880
Posted Tuesday, September 01, 2009 12:12:53 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
Hi Bruce,

Bloody brilliant charts. Mate were can i find these for uk etc

Joseph

Post #4882
Posted Tuesday, September 01, 2009 1:10:52 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Bruce E (9/1/2009)
All S&S Tour pilots wishing to start a bit of flight planning may like to make use of the Airport Departure & Approach Charts which are freely available to all tour pilotsfrom Australian Airspace Services.

Download link:

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/dap/AeroProcChartsTOC.htm

Applicants wishing to buy Biggles a Guinness in appreciation of this service that he, at great expense, has negotiated for his fellow avaitors are free to do so.

I am anticipating arriving at Kingsford Smith Intl, Sydney on 25 October and can be found in the members bar each evening.

Biggles

This is how I see it Biggles.

Ole enters Conzumel international airport bar and grill - the members lounge. Spots Biggles sitting at the bar handing out airport charts to everyone interested, and also to people clearly not interested.

C´mon Biggles says loudly, it’s the Sweet and sour tour charts. My tour. And mind you this lads, Im gonna win this one, and noone, NOONE I tell you, is going to stand in my way. I have ways you know.
Biggles removes his king crown form his head and scratches his forehead. “darn hot in here” he states, and takes of the red, white fur-lined robe. “Im gonna be king of the outback” Biggles lifts his glass and throws down a pint, spilling all over the place, then dries his mouth with the back of his hand.

Ole stands for a minute and watch the scenery, and then decides to get Biggles out before he really makes a fool of himself. “Too late” a voice in Oles head utters, but Ole shakes his head and presses on.

Halfway over to the bar Ole steps on a empty bottle on the floor, and falls, right down in the lap of a young woman who just turned her chair out and are about to get up. “Excuse me” Oles says, and the woman smiles. Just then a huge guy comes out from the toilet. He sees Ole on the womans lap, and turns blood red in his face in seconds. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND?” he screams. Ole gets up quickly, steps on the same bottle once again, and ends face down in the womans lap. Once again he gets up quicker than the punch thrown by the big fella. The punch misses Ole by inches, and ends in the face of a guy in the chair next to the woman. He goes sprawling to the floor, and the big guy gets even angrier. Steam seems to rise from his ears or maybe this was just something Ole imagines, but Ole looks around for a defensive weapon.

His eyes settles on Biggles crown, and he reaches for it, while looking pleadingly at Biggles. “Hey Biggles” he utters, and Biggles gets up, bows deep for Ole, and belch out loud. “Congratulations flyboy” he says in a drunken voice, and sits down again. Just then the big guys fist makes a touchdown on Oles cheekbone. Smith would have called it a crash landing – no doubt, coming in at a hundred miles an hour. Ole rotates, flies longer than the Wright brothers first plane, and lands on the bar between Biggles´empty glasses, scattering glass everywhere.

Biggles looks for a split second at Ole, then turns his head to the bartender and say “give that guy a beer on me” Head turns back to Ole, and Biggles say “would you like an airportchart of quingala? Might come in handy when trying to land in the Sweet and sour tour”

Ole looks back, and see that the big guy is now leaving the bar pulling the woman by the hair. "No way" Ole thinks and shouts. “Hey big guy!” the guy turns around “You throw sissy punches you wimp” Ole says. Biggles laughs silently in the background. “Ole is not going to be able to fly in November…” he says to himself. “that’s one down – and two to go”

Ole turns around facing Biggles. “What? – you know this guy? was this a setup?, are you trying to get rid of competition before we start?” Biggles smiles and turns his head to the big guy. “Felix?” he says “I´ll pay you later, ok?”. The big guy makes a thumbs up sign and leaves the bar, now holding the woman around the waist.

“C´mon” Biggles say. “It was just for fun man, can´t you take a joke?” sit down. Ill buy you a Blueberry daiquiri, shaken and disturbed, or what you drink boy.

Ole sits down, his back to the wall – just in case, and removes the ridiculous umbrella from his drink before it can hurt his eyes. “I´ll have to watch my back reeeeealy close on this tour” he thinks, and then drinks to world peace. Much later the two of them is seen dancing on the bar duetting "singing in the rain" while pouring guinness over each others heads!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4883
Posted Wednesday, September 02, 2009 8:58:20 AM

All is quiet in the parking lot. A man is talking to this stunning goddess who is attempting to carefully step into this low slung foreign looking sports car. The phone rings.

"Hey, no problem man." 

"Yeh, did you catch the look on the blonde dudes face?"

"OK. Catch you soon"

"What was that?"  "Yeh,   H's sister is giving me a lift to the restaurant. ----Sure did --- she played her part well didn't she?"

"OK , Biggles. Till the next time"

The Maserati roared off into the dusk with Felix sitting in the passenger seat laughing his head off.

Post #4893
Posted Wednesday, September 02, 2009 9:22:34 AM

Help yourself Joseph

UK charts

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=6&Itemid=13.html

and whats more they are in colour

Biggles

Post #4894
Posted Wednesday, September 02, 2009 9:41:11 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Bruce

Bloody brilliant . Just what a needed

Thanks        Joseph

Post #4895
Posted Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:56:28 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
yes thank you Biggles. Have you got more goodies in your sleeve?

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4896
Posted Tuesday, September 08, 2009 2:36:25 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Bruce

i just downloaded the scenery for australia.  I havent installed yet . It says that some runways wont fit the new scenery.Have you ant advice on this.

Thanks again

Joseph

Post #4953
Posted Tuesday, September 08, 2009 3:01:16 PM

JOSEPH767UK (9/8/2009)
Hi Bruce

i just downloaded the scenery for australia.  I havent installed yet . It says that some runways wont fit the new scenery.Have you ant advice on this.

Thanks again

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

I see you've been doing a lot of flying lately--great stuff.

Exactly which scenery have you downloaded?

Also can you cut & paste the advice it gives on r/w's

I  have the FTX OrbX Ozzy scenery & I am not aware of any problems, in fact FTX OrbX Oz scenery includes a fair bit of replacement airfield scenery and if you have downloaded OZx-Aus (freeware) from the FTX free download site that gives you I think about 350+ extra airfields

Bruce

Post #4954
Posted Wednesday, September 09, 2009 1:38:24 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Bruce

thanks for your reply. well all it says is . Note that add on terain with many small airports are not placed correct. It also says to use fsx developer  tools to place airports with the mesh. It wont copy and paste though. A dont know if to install our not really . what do you think. Have you had any problems with rws being in the wrong place.

Thanks again      Joseph

Post #4969
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:29am