FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Explain this to me please! Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, August 24, 2009 3:14:47 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
OK I flew leg 92! Lost my VSI after 2-3 minutes of flying, Flew the entire flight with manual altitude setting, as the AP didnt have the VSI. 

When approaching the runway in Garrad-Smith, I turned off AP as usual, flapped down a notch, and advanced to landingmode. I got a few "youre too high reduce throttle" and then I flapped to 30 degrees and pitched to 65 knots, and landed spot on (well 88 feet off) right on the centerline. Smith said "touchdown" I braked and stopped the plane in no time flat, and in a straight line, and Smith said I rate your landing at 38.52 points.

I hurried to the FSFS verdict page, so see what the heck... I did wrong, and this is the report.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ole Andreasen piloting Cessna Skyhawk 172SP G1000 ended 24. august 2009 at 23:50

Aircraft: Cessna    ID: N700MS    Airline:     Flight:
Flight plan: MKJS TO MWCB    NAV1:
Failure(s):
VSI inop for 4160,5 secs, still inop

Failure Event(s) (Zulu Time):
Failure: Z17:49:44 VSI

Failure Bonus:14%   Flight Duration:01 Hours   12 Mins   03 Secs

Landing Score:38,52

Landing was successful in the following areas:
* Good glideslope on visual approach.
* Good alignment with runway on visual approach.
* Gentle touchdown.
* Good landing speed - not too fast.
* Wings were level.
* Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 88 feet
* Glideslope held until flare.
* Good pitch control after touchdown.
* Good pitch at landing.
* With flaps - good job.
* Heading aligned with runway.
* Throttle(s) idle.
* Good controlled final descent to touchdown.
* Good steering after landing.

A splendid landing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I even got 14% failure bonus because of the VSI. Smith seemed to be happy about every single detail from my landing - so what the heck is that 38.52 score????? A splendid landing, 88 feet off, nothing wrong, not even a hard landing. good flare. And THIRTYEIGHT POINT FIVE TWO????? What the heck????? 

- anybody?

btw. I got 95 for the flight even though I got

Flight included the following problems:
* Sickening G forces - your passengers feel rather unwell.
* Rough pitch control - that flight felt like a rollercoaster.
* Nose held too low - we're not in combat.
Definite room for improvement...

All due to recovering from the VSI problem. But that is flight (and 95....) and NOT landing.

I just dont get it.

OK Joe, Joseph and Biggles; you may laugh now.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4804
Posted Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:15:10 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Ah Felix dear boy

Just a very brief note to thank you for your swift response to my request for a dastardly deed to be performed to the leader of the C100.

But come now Felix I do think you were a little hard on him this time.

To Ole

To take your mind of your rotten luck I must report that I too had some bad luck, I han an autopilot malfunction (ie I, the great Biggles left it on - again :w00t

A bit of formation flying I think, what?

Post #4806
Posted Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:27:01 AM

b

Ah those were the days

Biggles

Post #4807
Posted Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:33:29 AM

Nice scenery pack there Biggles. Photorealistic! LOL

why were you last???

Nice shots Biggles. Thank you for sharing.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4808
Posted Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:46:36 AM

"Why were you last"

Simple, so I could keep an eye on the others

Biggles

Post #4809
Posted Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:15:01 AM

Heres another from the collection

Avro Shackleton MkII's over Singapore

A little light reading if your interested http://users.bigpond.net.au/Shackleton/  Mo was on Shacks the same time as me. He was coming to the end of his service I think & I was at the start of mine. We never served on the same squadron though

Bruce

Post #4815
Posted Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:25:22 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Ole:

This is a puzzle - obviously this is an exception that proves that the rest of the time Smitty and his friends are getting it right.

As always - I am first attracted to anything unusual about the landing and all I can see at the moment is the VSI failure. 

I will look into any way this could produce an unwanted effect in the way that instructors compute the landing score.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #4825
Posted Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:26:17 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Beautiful pictures Biggles!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #4826
Posted Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:42:50 AM

SquadronLeader (8/26/2009)
Ole:

This is a puzzle - obviously this is an exception that proves that the rest of the time Smitty and his friends are getting it right.

As always - I am first attracted to anything unusual about the landing and all I can see at the moment is the VSI failure.

I will look into any way this could produce an unwanted effect in the way that instructors compute the landing score.

its cool SL.- Ill live with the score. Now that I know that its not me, but in fact was Smith that blew his top here and went offbeat. Thanks. And besides I dont mind being the exception to the rule...

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4827
Posted Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:51:23 PM

[b]oleandreasen  Now that I know that its not me, but in fact was Smith that blew his top here and went offbeat. Thanks. And besides I dont mind being the exception to the rule...

Lets make your winning the exception to the rule old bean, you don'yt want to tmake a habit of it now. Well, must go now as Biggles is a little weary.

I'm sure there was something else??????        Lets see......no!

Biggles

Ps: Just remembered - Well done Ole, a magnificent tour!

Post #4833
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:26am