FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

THE SYDNEY TO SINGAPORE SWEET & SOUR TOUR Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:11:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
To: All FSFlyingSchool Pilots

Sydney  to  Singapore  Sweet  &  Sour  Tour

Sydney to Singapore  – A tour with a difference!

So what is the difference, I hear you asking.

Well for a start the tour will be in two phases with winners being declared at the end of each phase.

The intention is that if one has a really disastrous start to the tour you can put it all behind you as you start Phase 2.

Tour Details

Phase 1.                                                                                                                                            

Sydney, Australia to Daru, Papua New Guinea.      43 legs over 1951 nm

Start.   1 November 2009                             Finish.     12 December 2009

ALL a/c grounded for the  Christmas festivities  13 December to 31 December

Phase 2                                                                                                                                              

Kupang, Indonesia to Tengah, Singapore.    32 legs over 1846 nm

Start.   1 January 2010                                Finish.     11 February 2010

Winning Categories

The aviator with the highest average score (Landing & Flight) at the end of each phase will be declared the winner of that phase. The overall winner will be the aviator who has posted the best average scores taking both phases into account.

As well as phase and overall winners there will be a special mention for the aviator who at the end of each phase has the lowest average “landing spot” score*.

Hopefully each winning category will offer up a different name.

Phase 1                                                                      Phase 2                                 

Winner             _________________                     Winner             _________________

Lowest Spot*   _________________                   Lowest Spot*   _________________

Overall Winner _________________

* Average of the best five spot landing distances.

The Trophy

The Juan Hernandez Jiminez Santa Domingo Rodriquez Hercules Roberto Chavez Cinco De Mayo Trophy (if located, missing since 1998) will be presented to the aviator with the combined highest average score from both phases.

The Juan Hernandez ……... Trophy will be presented to the new champion by the winner of the Hawaiian Tour, Mr Joe Mini. President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC.

Rules & Regulations    Full rules, tips and flight plan etc. to be published shortly.

Travel Arrangements.

Choice of aircraft will be left to each aviator and more than one aircraft may be used provided the type of aircraft to be used are declared before the start of the tour. As a guide to your choice of aircraft, runway lengths vary from between 2000ft to 13,000ft with the length of each leg ranging from 5nm to 169nm.

The astute amongst you will have already noticed that there are a few thousand miles between the end of one phase and the start of the next. That is because a safety assessment has rated the  dangers of travelling vast distances over shark infested waters too excessive.

Berths on a local ferry will be booked when Phase 1 commences. Any late arrivals will have to make there own arrangements and I must warn you that the monsoon season can play havoc with the ferry timetables.

The journey is expected to last about ten days but is dependent on the weather and pirate activity in the area. The current threat level is “High”.

The winner of phase 1 will be declared before the ferry sails. He or she will have sole use of the only private cabin on board the ferry with the remaining aviators having to “make do” wherever they can.

No aviator may start phase 2 before the declared start date.

Please register your interest by replying to this post.

Go on, you know you want to.

Biggles

Post #4765
Posted Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:17:57 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Im in Biggles.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4767
Posted Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:39:43 AM

I've got the chop sticks & shark repellant at the ready

Biggles

Post #4770
Posted Friday, August 21, 2009 11:49:29 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
Yip

sounds like good fun. Count me in

Joseph767uk

Post #4771
Posted Friday, August 21, 2009 12:08:46 PM

JOSEPH767UK (8/21/2009)
Yip

sounds like good fun. Count me in

Joseph767uk

Glad your with us Joseph. Any good with chopsticks?

# 24 with egg fried rice please

Biggles

Post #4772
Posted Friday, August 21, 2009 12:10:58 PM

oleandreasen (8/18/2009)
Im in Biggles.

I think we will need to work out a handicap system for you on this tour

Biggles

Post #4773
Posted Saturday, August 22, 2009 5:35:37 AM

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
I'm in....pencil me in for winning it all.  I will step on everyone to get where I need to be.  No more Mr. Nice Guy. 

I'll start working on my speeches and stories.

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #4778
Posted Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:36:23 AM

JoeMini (8/22/2009)
I'm in....pencil me in for winning it all.  I will step on everyone to get where I need to be.  No more Mr. Nice Guy. 

I'll start working on my speeches and stories.

The podium is only big enough for one and my name is on it already James Bigglesworth II

Biggles

Post #4779
Posted Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:59:35 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Guys guys guys....

you are all so selfcentered, and selfish. How about showing a little teamspirit? the winner will be the team, that is Team Zeroviz of course, MY team.

I suggest that we split the tour up in 10 phases, and team Zeroviz will win them all, and you guys know it, so lets just skip the flights, its so timeconsuming, and declare me the winner - shall we?

Good to see that the foursome is together again, I hope we can add some to the tour before it starts, that would be really cool.

But for now, lets focus on finishing the C100 tour and may the best chap win....

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4780
Posted Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:39:32 AM

I have decided that in order to increase my chances I shall enter under three different names and trust to luck

Biggles,  his cousin Boggles and his sister in law Gertrude. One way or another I will keep it in the family `

Biggles

Post #4781
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:17pm