Oles Scoring table for the Caribbean 100 tour

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««1234»»»

Oles Scoring table for the Caribbean 100 tour... Expand / Collapse
Author

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Scene: By the pool. Henrietta snoring quietly. Ole looking hot and sweaty having just arrived. Biggles swinging gently in a hammock suspended between two palm trees.

"Hi Ole! What kept you?"

Throws ice cube at Henrietta

Henrietta jerks her head up

"What was that?"

Biggles: "Must have been a passing gull --Anyway now that you are awake would you get this dashing pilot a Margarita please - No, not me, my friend Ole whose has just arrived in his flying machine and don't forget the peanuts this time .....thanks!

Post #4390
Posted Sunday, June 21, 2009 10:07:39 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Love your scenario Biggles, love it! I see it exactly the same way.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4391
Posted Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:41:50 AM

Anyone can tell me the reason for this?

Leg 36: see table

Did another non-ils flight without making a runwayfile. Dammit. The file made by FSFS said rwy 26 and 260 deg. I set my Nav1 OBS to 260 and got moving. No problems, and when entering landingmode, I pressed advance button, and flaps 10 deg, in one second. Then continued to land. Smith kept saying  "Get lined up with the runway" and I checked my file with the OBS and it was both 260. So I landed (landing heading was 263) and I got that 50.xx crappy landingscore. and look at the log. It seems like I am both aligned with runway, and poor alignment with runway! How the f... can it be both? and how can the file made by FSFS be wrong? it was not 260 it was 263, so I got screwed.

OK I expect noone to shed a tear at my misfortune, but it IS strange. AND I got bummed for "flaps not down on time" too. WTF?

Ole Andreasen piloting Cessna Skyhawk 172SP G1000 ended 28. juni 2009 at 18:19

Aircraft: Cessna    ID: N700MS    Airline:     Flight:
Flight plan: CPX TO TJFA    NAV1:
Failure(s): None at landing
Failure Event(s) (Zulu Time): None
Failure Bonus:0%   Flight Duration:00 Hours   11 Mins   35 Secs

Landing Score:51,60

Landing was successful in the following areas:
* Gentle touchdown.
* Good landing speed - not too fast.
* Wings were level.
* Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 73 feet
* Glideslope held until flare.
* Good pitch control after touchdown.
* Good pitch at landing.
* With flaps - good job.
* Heading aligned with runway.
* Throttle(s) idle.
* Good controlled final descent to touchdown.
* Good steering after landing.

Landing included the following problems:
* Poor glideslope on visual approach - you can do better.
* Poor alignment with runway on visual approach - line up and stay there.
Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:96,69

Flight commended in the following areas:
* Smooth turns.
* Nice banking.
* Correct matching of flaps to speeds.
* Comfortable G forces.
* Smooth pitch control.
* Flown within aircraft's maximum speed limit.
* Gentle taxi turns.
* Good take off steering.
* Rotation was not late.
* Appropriate position of flaps during taxi.
* Safe taxi speed.
* Smooth braking during taxi.
* Smooth climb during takeoff.
* Wings level near ground.
* Well coordinated turns.
* No stalls.
* No flying dangerously close to stall speed.
* Smooth comfortable descent rate.
* Pitch not too high.
* Pitch not too low.
* Approach speed not too fast.
* Low altitude speeds not too fast.
* Good clearance of obstacles.

Flight included the following problems:
* Flaps not down on time - plan your landing next time.
Definite room for improvement...

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4429
Posted Monday, June 29, 2009 7:24:04 AM

[quote]oleandreasen (6/28/2009)

Anyone can tell me the reason for this?

Leg 36: see table

Did another non-ils flight without making a runwayfile. Dammit. The file made by FSFS said rwy 26 and 260 deg. I set my Nav1 OBS to 260 and got moving. No problems, and when entering landingmode, I pressed advance button, and flaps 10 deg, in one second. Then continued to land. Smith kept saying  "Get lined up with the runway" and I checked my file with the OBS and it was both 260. So I landed (landing heading was 263) and I got that 50.xx crappy landingscore. and look at the log. It seems like I am both aligned with runway, and poor alignment with runway! How the f... can it be both? and how can the file made by FSFS be wrong? it was not 260 it was 263, so I got screwed.

OK I expect noone to shed a tear at my misfortune, but it IS strange. AND I got bummed for "flaps not down on time" too. WTF?

I TOLD YOU OLE   --  THE FAIRIES HAVE STRUCK AGAIN

The score so far  fairies 1  Ole 0

fairies 2  Biggles 1

I also got the "flaps not down in time" message.

When is the best time to advance to "landing"......downwind crosswind or on finals      or does it really matter to fsfs as long as you dont extend flap in cruise mode?

Biggles

Post #4449
Posted Monday, June 29, 2009 7:30:00 AM

Hi Ole

By the way where is TPX?

Score 1 - 1 

I'm going. See you next Sunday

Biggles

Post #4450
Posted Monday, June 29, 2009 8:52:07 AM

Bruce E (6/29/2009)
Hi Ole

By the way where is TPX?

Score 1 - 1

I'm going. See you next Sunday

Biggles

I never said TPX - NEVER! Always CPX......

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4451
Posted Sunday, July 05, 2009 3:56:55 PM

Status after 43 flights

Average score. 94,13

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4471
Posted Monday, July 06, 2009 9:58:15 AM

Ole

Your the man

Re your offer to dress up as a Swedish Governess I didn't realise you were so multi talented

By the way I think you took off as I landed at MTPP, quick refuel & I'll see you at MTCH. Any update on the Wx?

Biggles 

Post #4478
Posted Monday, July 06, 2009 10:52:06 AM

Bruce E (7/6/2009)
Ole

Your the man

Re your offer to dress up as a Swedish Governess I didn't realise you were so multi talented

By the way I think you took off as I landed at MTPP, quick refuel & I'll see you at MTCH. Any update on the Wx?

Biggles

Biggles.

I always crossdress while flying. Womens underwear always make me feel so.... on my toes! Smith seems to like it too.

Whats the Wx?

See you in Cuba.

Ole

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4479
Posted Monday, July 06, 2009 11:34:39 AM

oleandreasen (7/6/2009)
Bruce E (7/6/2009)
Ole

Your the man

Biggles

Biggles.

I always crossdress while flying. Womens underwear always make me feel so.... on my toes! Smith seems to like it too.

Whats the Wx?

See you in Cuba.

Ole

Just landed MTCH

I guess I'll look for the blonde in the bar then?

Biggles

PS: Wx  =  Weather

Post #4481
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««1234»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:50pm