Problem with the Dreamfleet Baron 58

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Problem with the Dreamfleet Baron 58 Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool First Officer

FSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First Officer

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Monday, November 05, 2018 9:53:27 AM
I tried a flight with this plane with FFS. The instructor complain about some things that doesn't make sense

On ground at start I'm told to close the spoilers. This is repeated until I close the cowl flaps

During landing I get complaints for lowering gears and flaps to soon. But according to the flying lessons the gear extension speed and flaps down speed is 152 kt. I was well below that.

After landing the logbook states I made an error not arming the spoilers

Might tell I'm using FS9 and the latest V2.2 of FFS.
Post #4079
Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:35:26 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
jfri:

Good to hear from you.

>> I tried a flight with this plane with FFS. The instructor complain about some things that doesn't make sense

Perhaps he was having a bad day... But seriously - read on...

>> On ground at start I'm told to close the spoilers. This is repeated until I close the cowl flaps

Ah ha! It may be that FS9 (FS2004) is sending us data on the cowl flaps on the same "channel" as we expect to receive spoiler position data. This is entirely technically possible, although it is the first instance I can recall.

Have you tried unchecking (if checked) the spoilers box at the aircraft page and saving the data as user data?

In this situation I cannot say if that would solve it but it is worth looking at.

>> During landing I get complaints for lowering gears and flaps to soon. But according to the flying lessons the gear extension speed and flaps down speed is 152 kt. I was well below that.

I see max gear ext and first flaps speeds of 152 KIAS in our FSR data for the

"DreamFleet_Baron_58_Lite"

aircraft. Is that the name of the folder in which your aircraft exists for FS2004?

If so you should be fine lowering gear and first flaps below that. But - you will not be able to do full flaps until below 122 KIAS. Were you lowering 1 or 2 notches of flaps?

If that is NOT the folder - can you paste into a reply the contents of the FSR or FSU file that you are using with the plane from your   FSFlyingSchool\Aircraft   folder?

>> After landing the logbook states I made an error not arming the spoilers

See above for ideas.

>> Might tell I'm using FS9 and the latest V2.2 of FFS.

Excellent!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #4080
Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:42:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First Officer

SquadronLeader (5/20/2009)
jfri:

I see max gear ext and first flaps speeds of 152 KIAS in our FSR data for the

"DreamFleet_Baron_58_Lite"

aircraft. Is that the name of the folder in which your aircraft exists for FS2004?

If so you should be fine lowering gear and first flaps below that. But - you will not be able to do full flaps until below 122 KIAS. Were you lowering 1 or 2 notches of flaps?

If that is NOT the folder - can you paste into a replythe contents of the FSR or FSU file that you are using with the plane from your FSFlyingSchool\Aircraft folder?

No that's not the folder. Instead I have 'Dreamfleet Baron 58 RXP' since I don't got the Lite version of this plane but the RXP version. But FFS did identify that I used the dreamfleet Baron.
In FFS aircraft folder I got
Dreamfleet_Baron_58_RXP
content
[flaps.0]
flaps-position.1=12
flaps-position.2=30
flaps-position.3=0.0
flaps-position.4=0.0
flaps-position.5=0.0
flaps-position.6=0.0
flaps-position.7=0.0
flaps-position.8=0.0
flaps-position.9=0.0

[reference speeds]
IASTooFastForFlaps0=152
IASTooFastForFlaps1=122
IASTooFastForFlaps2=0
IASTooFastForFlaps3=0
IASTooFastForFlaps4=0
IASTooFastForFlaps5=0
IASTooFastForFlaps6=0
IASTooFastForFlaps7=0
IASTooFastForFlaps8=0
IASStallCruise=84
IASStallLanding=73
IASSlowDown=88888
MaxGearExtension=152

[misc settings]
RetractableGear=1
MixtureControl=0
Spoilers=0
FloatPlane=0
FlapsDownDuringTaxi=0
Post #4081
Posted Thursday, May 21, 2009 2:43:44 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

jfri:

Ok - can you try a short flight keeping a very close eye on the ASI and lower the gear below 152 KIAS and then lower flaps to the first position while still above 122 KIAS. You should hear no complaints.

Once slowed below 122 KIAS lower the final flaps and again you should hear no complaints.

Please let us know how you get on.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #4082
Posted Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:49:07 AM

SquadronLeader (5/21/2009)
jfri:

Please let us know how you get on.

I think I have discovered what the issue is. In the FFS logbook the correct plane is listed. But in the FFS aircraft tab I see that it is considered to be an unknown plane with incorrect values for gear and flaps. The same seems to apply for other addonplanes as well. I also notice that the FFS folder got underscores in the plane name while the FS9 folder got spaces
Post #4087
Posted Friday, May 22, 2009 5:45:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

jfri:

It sounds like you're on the trail of a solution.

Are you OK with playing with solutions for this (by editing the aircraft data) or do you need more help?

Post #4095
Posted Saturday, May 23, 2009 9:07:25 AM

SquadronLeader (5/22/2009)
jfri:

Are you OK with playing with solutions for this (by editing the aircraft data) or do you need more help?

No i still don't seem to solve this. I renamed the FFS folder airplane name to have no underscores but spaces instead. And after doing that FFS aircraft tab reports that I have FFS user data for the plane instead of unknown. Also the gear extension speed and first flap position speed is now correctly displayed as 152 kt.
Still I get instructor calls that I'm to fast for that flap setting and even a noise sounding as if something broke. All this while clearly being under 152 kt. If I then raise the flaps the instructor tells me to lower flaps if I intend to land.
Also I'm still told to retract spoilers and I have checked that the spoiler mark is unchecked under the FFS plane data.
Post #4102
Posted Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:10:11 PM

SquadronLeader (5/22/2009)
jfri:

Reminder. I need more help.
Post #4166
Posted Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:40:05 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

jfri:

It sounds like you may have found an aircraft unsuited to operation with FSFS.

This is the only such instance I can recall since the release of FSFS in Dec 2006.

Attention all sim-pilots! I'd like to ask other owners of this aircraft to please let us know if they have experienced these issues.

Post #4167
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:14am