Round the world tour - comptition?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Round the world tour - comptition? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:03:09 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JoeMini (7/16/2008)
Couple other things I've been pondering instead of working....

1. Maybe instead of picking the airports, maybe we should just pick the states, countries, cities, capitals, etc, and let the pilot decide which airport they will fly out of, land, and take off from same place. Just as long as the fly the route andI guess prove it by the log book.

Can our log book on FSFS be somehow imported to show we made the flights?

Maybe certain stops, for instance they have to land at Sydney Australia's airport, or fly over the Opera House for example. Or for me in my case, I'm probably going to hit every island along the way in the carribean, but it might not be for everyone. Flying through Alaska is really cool with water, mountains, etc. so I think there's some options to consider. I'm sure there's tons of places in Europe to fly. I've been to Paris airport, been to Israel for work, been to Athens for work. Other than that, what I see on FSX or TV is about as much as I know about the world.

2. I'm kinda looking at the big picture of just saying "I did it"....see if I can crack the top 10 in landings, poke fun and crack some jokes, and keep posting to this website our trials and tribulations of flying. I think we're better off with the landing scores versus the time aspect. I thinking on several stops I'm going to be flying around the great pyramids, grand canyon, city skylines, etc taking it all in. See the world with FSX!

I missed this post entirely. You simply post to many times in a row, for me to keep up

I think what you came up here is a marvelous idea. Much easier, and gives everyone a free pick of airports, and what the heck, also at planes (I still want to fly the 350 all the way, dammit )

This requires a different kind of thinking. I will consider this instead, tonight, in between flying. We choose countries, and some capital cities, and the pilot can choose where to land in those. Just a minimum of something like 100 airports, but (s)he can choose 400 if (s)he likes. Darn, have to think.

Till tomorrow

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1554
Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:23:18 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Ole, many apologies!

I missed this post entirely. You simply post to many times in a row, for me to keep up

I think what you came up here is a marvelous idea. Much easier, and gives everyone a free pick of airports, and what the heck, also at planes (I still want to fly the 350 all the way, dammit )

This requires a different kind of thinking. I will consider this instead, tonight, in between flying. We choose countries, and some capital cities, and the pilot can choose where to land in those. Just a minimum of something like 100 airports, but (s)he can choose 400 if (s)he likes. Darn, have to think.

Till tomorrow[/quote]

Sorry about posting too much.  I read and re-read my post, send it, then say damn it...thought of something else.

Fuel for thought:  Maybe we start off with our notion that we start off in "Miami", and each week you "have" to make it to a certain checkpoint.  Within those 2 points, you have to fly to 3-4 (ex.) definite airports, but the rest you can pick and choose as stops as you want.  Perhaps the more landings, maybe an "extra" atta-boy or something.  It will give those with unlimited time on their hands to fly there little hearts out, and those who want to do it, but can't do it all, still participate.  I call it the zig-zag flight plan.

And then those must "airports" we can give a list to SL, and he can whip up some fancy messages about each city, country, etc....

JoeMini

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #1555
Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:56:37 PM

Joe:

You are one sharp thinker.

I like your idea again. Lets pick out 75-100 airports on the 6 continents we travel through. approximately 10-20 pr. continent. Will you do the N and S America? I will do Europe and Africa. and the you could pick between Asia or Australia, and I take the other. Big lines with 10-20 airports pr. continent.

Then we could pick something like 5 to each continent, and give to SL. And maybe add some area triggered voicefiles as well, something like. "you are now leaving African airspace. That means you are now halfway through the WWT"?

Gotta fly

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1556
Posted Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:03:01 AM

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Nah just getting into this world wide tour.

I will take the land down under mate ~ Australia

I will go with our wild hair brain idea to start in Miami area, head up "north'ish" to Canada, you can pick up the Europe routes, I'll make a circle around Australia/New Zealand, pick up some more Asian routes, and then I'll take over with some more Canada, US, Central America, South America, and finally back through the Carribean....Sound like a plan? 

The 10-20 per continent will be the "have-to" land at city, and then anything else the pilot wants to see will be up to him, correct-a-mundo?

Are we going to bypass that we can land a Beech Baron for instance at JFK New York for example? 

Cheers,

Joe

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #1560
Posted Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:00:47 PM

JoeMini (7/17/2008)

The 10-20 per continent will be the "have-to" land at city, and then anything else the pilot wants to see will be up to him, correct-a-mundo?

Absolutemente si or as Pilot Spunkmeyer says in the movie Aliens: "We are in the pipe, 5 by 5"

Are we going to bypass that we can land a Beech Baron for instance atJFK New Yorkfor example?

And that´s affirmative.

Joe

Ole

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1566
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:23am