No key CTRL-SHIFT-Q or P

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

No key CTRL-SHIFT-Q or P Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:43:16 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 09, 2020 8:54:18 AM
I have installed FSIA, registered (ok), checked the plugins (ok), generated the runway datas (ok), and followed the instruction from the manual. But after creating an approach and hitting the save-button, nothing happens, when I use the keys ctrl-shift-Q and ctrl-shift-P. I tried it several times, while my Cessna was waiting at another runway with engines on.
Then I checked the key table in Plane 11 and found out that those combinations are not listed. Pic attached. How will I get into position for approaching?

XP11, MacOS Catalina

Greetings
Peter Vogel from Germany

Mac Catalina, XPlane 11
Post #14012
Posted Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:45:38 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Here the missing screenshot

Mac Catalina, XPlane 11

Post Attachments 
Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-29 um 15.27.13.png (4 views, 177.37 KB)
Post #14013
Posted Thursday, April 30, 2020 3:55:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
Sounds like it's setup correctly, but the hotkeys are not working as expected.

Does it work if you try this alternative approach?
Post #14016
Posted Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:59:46 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Heidelerche (4/30/2020)
Thanks, I found out that menu today by myself. It seems to work, but the result is disgusting. Either it ends with a plane crashing in a meadow, or it ends with an endless loop with a need for restart of my iMac

I moved your reply here to keep the discussion in a single thead.

Can you post a screenshot of the "Control Panel" window after you have pressed the "Quick Load" button?
Post #14019
Posted Friday, May 01, 2020 12:36:36 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks again. I had tried it before reading. The control panel was filled with data, which looked all convincing. Pressing the position button showed the rotating rainbow circle on my iMac. About 5 minutes later, just as I wanted to use the "end all" button, the view changed to the approach I had chosen. Altogether is not the utility I had expected, very disappointing. Sorry.
Greetings, Peter

Mac Catalina, XPlane 11
Post #14022
Posted Friday, May 01, 2020 2:08:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

To rule out performance issues, could you try this:
* Start a flight in X-Plane at the airport you wish to approach
* Wait until XP has fully loaded and you are sat on the runway
* Now setup an approach in FS Instant Approach to the same airport

Does this load faster? Or do you still experience the "rotating rainbow circle"?
Post #14023
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2020 10:54:34 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, May 03, 2020 10:48:27 AM
Hi,

I am also having the same problem with my Mac and Instant approach. Did you get yours fixed?

Henry
Post #14033
Posted Monday, May 04, 2020 1:28:51 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Generating an approach at the same airport will move the plane at once in the air at the right position.
The wasted time in other cases may depend on the behavior of XPlane.
You should add this hint at your manual.
After reaching the approach position, I have saved the situation as a .sit file for further usage.

Mac Catalina, XPlane 11
Post #14035
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2020 1:23:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Heidelerche (5/4/2020)
The wasted time in other cases may depend on the behavior of XPlane.
You should add this hint at your manual.

Yes, the delay is X-Plane loading scenery for the location you wish to approach.

There is no delay if X-Plane is already at the approach location, which makes it ideal for practising different types of approaches at the same airport.

HenryD3350 (5/3/2020)
I am also having the same problem with my Mac and Instant approach. Did you get yours fixed?

What issue are you experiencing?

If it's a a problem with the hotkeys, then please try the hotkey alternative.
Post #14038
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:47pm