Airfoil Labs C172 Mixture Conflict

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Airfoil Labs C172 Mixture Conflict Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 04, 2019 8:47:18 AM
I recently installed fsFlyingSchool for X-Plane 11. Since the installation, I have not been able to use the mixture control on my Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quadrant in the Airfoil Labs C172. The Throttle works fine and everything worked before the fsFlyinschool installation. The problem is only in the Airfoil Labs C172. Other planes work fine so it's not my equipment or configuration. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?
Post #13789
Posted Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:51:12 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi MAAJR57:

Thanks for your interest in FSFlyingSchool.

FSFlyingSchool should have no effect on this as it does not attempt to control how controllers work - but of course you have reported what you have seen so we need to see what we can find to solve this puzzle.

>> "I have not been able to use the mixture control"

What happens if you do?

Does the problem occur when FSFlyingSchool is not running or just when it is running?

I can see other pilots have had issues with controllers and the mixture on this c172 -

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/119852-mixture-control-on-saitek-quadrant-xp11/

I wonder if something else occurred on or about the same time as your installation of FSFlyingSchool? Such as a software update to the plane or to the controller software or to X-Plane or to Windows?

Please let me know about (all of) the above.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13790
Posted Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:52:55 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks Squadron Leader Jeff,

I looked at the X-Plane forum with the same problem. The problem occurs whether running fsFlyingSchool or not.
My last windows update was April 10th which was before the fsFlyinSchool installation.
I am going to uninstall fsFlyingSchool to see if the problem gets resolved. I'll keep you posted on results.

Mike Angelo
Post #13792
Posted Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:24:25 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Squadron Leader update.

I have removed fsFlyingSchool and the problem persists. I have contacted AirFoil Labs.
Will try your program again when I get my plane fixed!

Thank you for your help,

Mike Angelo
Post #13793
Posted Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:16:18 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Mixture Issue Resolved.
Somehow I my lost the setup configuration in the plane. To resolve go to Airfoil Labs Controllers Menu in the left margin of the Windows window in the cockpit of the plane NOT in the Controllers Menu of X-Plane. Click Detect Mixture and move Mixture Control Lever to detect. ALSO Check Activate Controller Mixture. Happy Flying!

Going to retry fsFlyingSchool.
Post #13794
Posted Wednesday, May 01, 2019 1:59:47 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Mike:

Excellent result and many thanks for sharing your findings with us - and in detail.

It all helps other folks out there who may have similar questions.

Have a great week of flights!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13795
Posted Wednesday, May 01, 2019 10:18:24 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hello again Squadron Leader!

I reinstalled the demo and haven't even tried it out yet but when reading the manual it occurred to me that I didn't see any flight training maneuvers like slow flight, Power on and off stalls, steep spirals, lazy eights, turns around a point, eights on pylons, chandelles etc. That is in no way a criticism, just a suggestion for future development of the program. Thanks again!

Mike
Post #13797
Posted Tuesday, May 07, 2019 2:02:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Right now FSFlyingSchool takes the pilot through flying a circuit in the pattern at any airport of the pilot's choosing - this is a pretty demanding process for the simulator pilot and most folks love it.

We are also looking at adding formal lessons (for the complete novice) to FSFlyingSchool.

Post #13803
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:46am