FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

FSFlyingSchool PRO 2018 SOUND ISSUES Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, August 27, 2018 11:54:55 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:18:00 AM
Was working just fine. Today, I clicked “connect”. FSF did connect. I would give verbal command. FSF appeared to receive command. I observed typed “Roger” for the command. After the flight, FSF did log the flight and did grade my flight. However, during the entire flight, I never heard any audible from FSFS. Prior to today, I could hear the instructor. Today, no more audible from the instructor. Please help. This app seems to be very unreliable. If I do not use it for a couple of days, then come back to it, it does not work anymore.
Any ideas or thoughts.
George Keefe, US Navy Submarine Service, Retired
Post #13482
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:57:35 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi again George:

>> This app seems to be very unreliable.

Rest assured that FSFlyingSchool works fine in 1000s of installations all over the world. There are details that need to be attended to and I can see from previous posts that sound equipment has been involved before.

The current state of affairs indicates that the microphone is being detected as input, and the program follows your flight in detail, but instructor output is being suppressed by being turned off in a setting or due to a sound card choice at the Settings Screen of FSFlyingSchool.

1. Make sure 'disable sound' is NOT ON at the Pilots Screen.

2. Test instructor sound by pressing 'listen to instructor' at the Aircraft Screen. Do it when NOT connected and also when CONNECTED.

3. If you get no sound then the issue is almost certainly due to the choice of sound card at the Settings Screen. DISCONNECT from the simulator and choose a different card, one at at time, and save the setting each time and then test it until you get the instructor voice.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13483
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:34:49 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

I have only one sound card.
Post #13484
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:51:16 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

conducted all your recommended steps, nothing worked. As I said before, I only have one choice for sound card.
Post #13485
Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2018 2:08:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi George:

>> conducted all your recommended steps, nothing worked. As I said before, I only have one choice for sound card.

Glad to help.

I am not sure but I imagine you are reporting that when you conducted the tests I listed you did not, at any time, hear the instructor's voice?

Next - please send ONE screen shot of the settings screen of FSFlyingSchool when it is in the following state:

- FSFlyingSchool is NOT connected to the simulator
- Sound card setup is set to use OTHER sound card (not DEFAULT)
- Drop down list of OTHER sound cards is dropped down (the list is open)

You have just one card, but I need to see what FSFlyingSchool is showing in its list.

The easiest way to to send a screen shot is to press the Print Scrn (print screen) button on your PC keyboard to capture the entire screen and then PASTE that information into an email to

JeffPreston@FSFlyingSchool.com

To PASTE the screen capture, simply press Ctrl V while typing in the body of an email to us. The email will need to be in HTML format (not plain text).

Please send the email containing the screen shot which you send to us, to yourself as well, so that you can see if the screen shot is correctly shown in the email and that it is readable.

If you have any problems doing this - you can always just take a picture of the screen with a digital camera and send us that picture. As long as the picture is clear we can use that!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13491
Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2018 5:14:55 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFLYING SCHOOL (FSFS) AUDIO ISSUE Problem now fixed.
To answer your last question about the actual sound cards that FSFS sees on the settings page: FSFS is just listing only one-“Speakers +SSE3+SSEE(Realtek)(R)”

Good news is that I fixed the issue. To help others in the future, I have listed my troubleshooting steps below. Thank you for your help.
First I did your recommendations:
1. Make sure 'disable sound' is NOT ON at the Pilots Screen. DONE “DISABLE SOUND WAS NOT ON”

2. Test instructor sound by pressing 'listen to instructor' at the Aircraft Screen. Do it when NOT connected and also when CONNECTED. DONE, DID NOT CORRECT PROBLEM

3. If you get no sound then the issue is almost certainly due to the choice of sound card at the Settings Screen. DISCONNECT from the simulator and choose a different card, one at at time, and save the setting each time and then test it until you get the instructor voice. DONE, I HAVE ONLY ONE CHOICE. DID NOT FIX PROBLEM
Next are my additional steps: Note: after each step, I would test to see if it corrected problem.
1. Opened the Control Panel. Then opened “Device Manager”. I checked every device associated with sound. Made sure all drivers were up to date. Drivers were all up to date. This did not correct problem.
2. I next uninstalled one add-on app to FSX Steam Edition that I had added. This did not correct problem.
3. Next I checked to see if all Windows updates had been installed. Three were not, so I updated Windows. THIS CORRECTED THE PROBLEM.
a. Why it corrected the problem exactly, I do not know. But it worked.
I am not sure if this will help others in the future. However, I offer it up if it can help.
Again, thank you for you excellent assistance.

George Keefe

Post #13492
Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:29:07 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi George:

Excellent news - glad to hear you are up and flying with FSFlyingSchool.

Thanks for all the notes.

I can see that this did not fix the problem, but if you have a moment can you please expand on this...

>> "I next uninstalled one add-on app to FSX Steam Edition that I had added. This did not correct problem."

Can you tell me:

1. What was the product?

2. When did you install it?

3. Did the instructor voice ever work after the add-on was installed?

For reference - as we can imagine of course it is entirely possible that even if the add-on stopped the instructor voice working, uninstalling the add-on would not necessarily cause the instructor voice to work again.

Please let me know if you have a moment.

Post #13493
Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:39:02 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFS JEFF PRESTON QUESTIONS????
Can you tell me:

1. What was the product?
JUSTFLIGHT PA-28-161 WARRIOR FOR FSX STEAM EDITION

2. When did you install it?
25 AUGUST 2016

3. Did the instructor voice ever work after the add-on was installed?
I am not sure about this one. I cannot answer definitely. I just focused on this because it is the only addon that I added since the last time the audible worked. It is also the only download I have made in a while.

Again, thank you for your help!!! Did you get my email with the screen shot? Please let me know if there is any other way I can help to make your fantastic product any better than it already is?? The only negative I have is that FSFS seems to be very sensitive to any changes I make to my computer and/or FSX. So far, I have been able to get issues resolved, with your help, of course. I am retired from US Navy Submarine Service now, so I have time to work with the FSX simulation. The reason I am doing this is that I am really taking flying lessons. The lessons are in the Piper Warrior. I have 20 hours logged time so far. I did 30 years in submarines under the water, now trying the wild blue yonder. I cannot actually fly now because of recent surgery to fix an old injury from my navy days. The simulator and your FSFlying School APP help my very much since I cannot actually go fly right now until I recover enough from my surgery.

Again, thank you
George Keefe
Post #13495
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2018 3:16:50 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi George:

>>>> 1. What was the product?
>> JUSTFLIGHT PA-28-161 WARRIOR FOR FSX STEAM EDITION

This is an excellent publisher of course. It is possible that something about the sound configuration may have changed during its installation, or perhaps immediately afterwards in the plane's options.

>>>> 2. When did you install it?
>> 25 AUGUST 2016

Could that perhaps be 25 AUGUST 2018?

>>>> 3. Did the instructor voice ever work after the add-on was installed?
>> I am not sure about this one. I cannot answer definitely. I just focused on this because it is the only addon that I added since the last time the audible worked. It is also the only download I have made in a while.

This strongly suggests that the add-on may have been involved. If all is working and then, one day, it is not, then something outside FSFlyingSchool has changed.

Usual suspects are:
- Pilot has changed hardware (could be as simple as unplugging a USB headset that always used to be there)
- Windows update has had a negative effect (goodness knows - I've got plenty of games that worked fine for years and now no longer work)
- Pilot changed configuration of Windows or simulator
- Pilot added, removed, or changed configuration of add-on(s)

>> Again, thank you for your help!!! Did you get my email with the screen shot? Please let me know if there is any other way I can help to make your fantastic product any better than it already is?? The only negative I have is that FSFS seems to be very sensitive to any changes I make to my computer and/or FSX. So far, I have been able to get issues resolved, with your help, of course. I am retired from US Navy Submarine Service now, so I have time to work with the FSX simulation. The reason I am doing this is that I am really taking flying lessons. The lessons are in the Piper Warrior. I have 20 hours logged time so far. I did 30 years in submarines under the water, now trying the wild blue yonder. I cannot actually fly now because of recent surgery to fix an old injury from my navy days. The simulator and your FSFlying School APP help my very much since I cannot actually go fly right now until I recover enough from my surgery.

Here's wishing you a smooth recovery from your surgery and some smooth FSFlyingSchool flights while recovering.

Psst! Have you looked at the subs in P3Dv4...?

Post #13498
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:44:07 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

You are correct about date. August 2018.
Post #13499
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:32pm