Unusual approaches?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Unusual approaches? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, February 25, 2018 4:31:45 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:05:10 AM
Hello. I am a big fan of your FS Flying School program so I considering this one.
Since the Demo is limited to Chicago I cannot evaluate this based on what I am trying to learn.
Can you tell me if this will allow setting up an approach for example KJFK’s 13R / 13L Canarsie, which is not a straight-in approach, or that for Kai Tak’s Checkerboard?
Thank you.
DonL
Post #13265
Posted Monday, February 26, 2018 1:28:12 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Don:

I think I know what you have and what you are asking - here goes...

1. You have flown with FSFlyingSchool - so I imagine you already have a copy available.

2. Although this is the Instant Help forum you are asking about FS Instant Approach?

3. All of the FS Instant Approach features are already built into the latest (2018) version of FSFlyingSchool for FSX or P3Dv4 - if you have 2018 - there is no purpose in buying FS Instant Approach.

4. The approach logic in FSFlyingSchool does not involve specific real world named approaches - but it does support all the approaches shown in the approach diagram of FSFlyingSchool and fully described in the manual, including straight in final, offset intersection of final, starting at the downwind leg of a pattern and lastly starting at the base leg of a pattern.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13266
Posted Monday, February 26, 2018 6:28:18 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:05:10 AM
Hello. Thank you for you quick response.
I only mentioned FSFlightSchool because I am very satisfied user of it. It was mentioned only because I like the one product I purchased and am familiar with the program interface apparently used in FS Instant Approach (hereafter, FSIA). I am not considering using FSIA with the flying school program. So I was not good explaining myself.

My question is: can I use FSIA to set up approaches such as for KJFK 13R/L Canarsie and KaiTak's "Checkerboard," none of which are straight in approaches.
My apologies for the confusion.

Thank you again.
DonL
Post #13267
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:00pm