Landing score

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Landing score Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, September 17, 2017 11:57:41 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 09, 2017 4:49:03 PM
How can you get a high enough score to move on to circuit if you don't use ILS it just keeps giving 0% for ILS 0% for glide slope even if nothing else is in error I have had a score of 80% and still cant use circuits pressing crtl shift space does nothin nav 1 set and obs to runway heading till I get my leap motion its very hard to do circuits in 2D and only I monitor

"Growing old is mandatory growing up optional"

Growing older is mandatory growing up opptional
Post #13100
Posted Monday, September 18, 2017 7:01:20 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi Rephill:

>> How can you get a high enough score to move on to circuit if you don't use ILS

If you are having trouble you might want to do a few high scoring landings with ILS in order to qualify for circuit mode. ILS on a clear day makes flying an approach right down the glideslope about as easy as it can be and a lot of folks will score more this way than without ILS.

If you set yourself up using the On Approach feature you can start 3nm out and do about 12 landings in an hour.

>> it just keeps giving 0% for ILS 0% for glide slope even if nothing else is in error

If the pilot was at least somewhat close to the glideslope and localizer the scores will not be this low - so this suggests something else is wrong. As described in the manual...

Visual Approaches
If an aircraft’s NAV1 radio is tuned to the destination runway’s Instrument Landing System (ILS)
frequency, FSFlyingSchool uses the ILS to measure the pilot’s adherence to the glideslope (vertical)
and localizer (horizontal) signals from the destination runway. This provides an extremely accurate
measure of how closely the pilot is following the correct approach to landing.
Alternatively, FSFlyingSchool also supports landings at airfields which do not have an ILS, or landing at
runways which have ILS, but without using ILS.
FSFS-Tip To get set for a visual approach, you must be lined up with the runway you intend to land
at and that runway must be in front of you as you descend through 500 feet above ground level in
landing mode on your final approach. If you do not do this, your instructor won't know where you are
going and you should perform a missed approach (climb and circle back to the runway once more) and
try it again.
Remember:
- In FSFlyingSchool's landing mode
- Lined up with the runway you intend to land at
- Runway in front of you as you descend through 500 feet above ground level
If FSFlyingSchool has information for a visual approach to the destination airport, but an ILS is detected
(because NAV1 is tuned to it), it will use the ILS to evaluate the landing and will not use the visual
approach information even if you land on another runway which is not the one with the ILS signal.
So.. don't do this!

Are you following all these instructions?

>> I have had a score of 80% and still cant use circuits

80% glideslope? Localizer?

Or do you mean landing score? Flight score? (Note that these scores are not percentages).

>> pressing crtl shift space does nothin

This would indeed normally start circuit mode if you are on the ground and in a plane.

>> nav 1 set and obs to runway heading

This is correct when flying circuit mode - good job!

>> till I get my leap motion its very hard to do circuits in 2D and only I monitor

I am sorry - I don't know what this means. Can you explain in a little more detail?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13101
Posted Monday, September 18, 2017 10:10:50 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Although I prefer X-Plane 11 looks like ill have to use FSX since I don't see that on approach feature in X-Plane

Post #13102
Posted Monday, September 18, 2017 10:27:33 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Sorry should have put this in last I do not use track IR so with only one monitor and always moving mouse to look for 45 degree to run way for circuits is a bit of a pain on a small monitor I call using a monitor 2 D. What Leap Motion does it give you the chance to fly X-Plane or FSX in VR making it easier to glance around

Post #13103
Posted Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:35:17 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi:

Yes - I do see - you are using X-Plane - no problem, just get yourself set up for an approach using whatever means you wish (either fly to the right spot or just use the X-Plane built-in function to put yourself on a 3nm final) and then save the flight to a file in X-Plane. That way you can just keep reloading the file over and over in order to practice the approach.

The X-Plane function to put you on 3nm or 10 nm final is actually so fast when simply reloading a location you are already at that you really don't even need to reload a file once you've done a landing - just tell XP to put you 3nm out again and... Hey Presto! - you are ready to approach again.

As for looking around in the plane, if you have a hat switch on your joystick, this is very useful for looking over your left or right shoulder and is a very economical solution.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13104
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:48pm